• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Crysis 2 Discussion

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
GODDAMN :(
Especially this bit: “no patch was ever confirmed” for DX11.
It better come...

Adiuvo

So, what gun is everyone using? I'm rather fond of the Grendel.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'm using the Feline a lot even though it's crap :p

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'm not using anything because I refuse to play.

I've ranked up nearly 5 times in a row on Ranked servers for my Rank to just reset it self once the matches are over.

And I haven't been able to find a single un-ranked server that I can get into it seems lately so I can learn the different gametypes and maps.

I'm extremely disappointed right now.

El Diablo

I knew the DX11 patch wasn't coming today. There's no way they would make such an announcement on a Saturday night or whatever to some random foreign blog no one has ever heard of. Someone posts that one blog rumor they started on the steam and crysis forums, all of the sudden everyone not only takes the rumor to be true, but they blow it up and all of the news sites start to report it as news too. At this point the community is just hurting themselves more than Crytek is/did. Seriously, will allowing it to use DX11 even make THAT much of a difference unless they went in and re did every texture and shit too? I'm not expecting the patch anytime soon, if ever = \.

I've pretty much been exclusively using the Scar. It's the only AR of the 3 that's worth a damn. I snipe every once in a while on lighthouse and Pier 17 or whatever, but I have a really hard time finding the right place to use any other weapon than an AR. The SMGs are okay on the maps like impact or skyline where you can be spending a lot of time in hallways or small areas, but I feel like if you are trying to use one for that, you might as well use the Scar since you can also shoot farther distances and all that jazz.

The K-volt can be pretty good, everytime I go into the server I have been playing in this one kid completely destroys me with it. The bullets seem to have a longer travel time then most so I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. I almost never use LMGs in video games, but the last one you get in this I can't wait to unlock. It shoots almost like, a beam of energy that rapes people so hard. At more than 20-30 yards the thing seems worthless because I don't think the "beam" goes farther than that, but you get within 5-10 feet of someone and they are toast.

I recently discovered you can pull the mounted machine guns off their perches and walk around with them and own face. I had seen people with them but thought it was just a LMG I didn't unlock yet since I never use them or the mounted guns, but one day I went on it and found out you can take it off. It only has 100 shots but man, you could get like 90 kills with that the thing is so crazy.

Trigun

God damn this game is buggy.
It's getting pretty annoying to shoot someone a ton and then they kill you with full health and just a few shots. Or even when they aren't even aiming at you!

Or when You are out of their line of sight but you get killed through a wall anyway and it shows on the kill cam you weren't actually were where you thought you were.

facepalm.jpg

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's getting pretty annoying to shoot someone a ton and then they kill you with full health and just a few shots. Or even when they aren't even aiming at you!

Or when You are out of their line of sight but you get killed through a wall anyway and it shows on the kill cam you weren't actually were where you thought you were.

SP is buggy too. I've seen enemies spawn out of thin air. Sometimes the AI doesn't even turn around when I'm standing right next to them, too. I'm sure it's nothing the next couple patches won't fix, but it's disappointing that the product shipped with these bugs.

Trigun

Yes it is.

I've seen people pop out of thin air and warp even in multiplayer too.

There are even times when it lags so much(while I still have a ping less than 170) that I empty a whole clip into one guy, whip out my pistol and empty one into another and nothing happens, then the second guy I shot slides(not the move slide but his character model with no movement just slides) and then I die and then both of them die.

Also @ person who got into a match with a cheater/aimbot or whatever it was, what does that look like?

There have been a few times when someone fires 1 bullet and it's an instant head shot on me.

Adiuvo

The killcam makes it insanely easy to spot aimbotters. They twitch like usual but are typically just a bit over the spot where the head should be. They also track cloaked people perfectly, without nanovision.

El Diablo

About the hacker, as Adiuvo said it's pretty easy to tell when someone is actually hacking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnSPNwMPYfc Skip to 3:00, ignore the kids whining you can clearly see the hacks. Then again at about 5:25 he gets killed again.

I can't find too many videos of Crysis 2 yet since it's new but aimbots are aimbots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCq2mDSB5k you can see how anytime he shoots it just snaps right to the people he's aiming at (or not even aiming at).

Trigun

Thanks for that, I'll know what to look for now I suppose.

Damn you know, they need to fix it where when you run out of ammo and you press the button to switch weapons and instead it goes half way through the reload animation and THEN switches. That's bullshit right there.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'm not using anything because I refuse to play.

I've ranked up nearly 5 times in a row on Ranked servers for my Rank to just reset it self once the matches are over.

And I haven't been able to find a single un-ranked server that I can get into it seems lately so I can learn the different gametypes and maps.

I'm extremely disappointed right now.

Hmmmm... I don't particularly pay attention to whether I join a ranked or unranked server, but I have noticed I join a LOT more unranked (I'm about rank 20 but according to my service record I only have 50 kills...). My rank has never reset, that can't be fun :/ I have noticed some things like suit modules relock themselves, even if you have them on a class... It seems you have to play a game after changing a class for it to save properly.

I must say I've hardly experienced stuff like this, only occasionally when the guy involved had a ping >250.

Yes it is.

I've seen people pop out of thin air and warp even in multiplayer too.

There are even times when it lags so much(while I still have a ping less than 170) that I empty a whole clip into one guy, whip out my pistol and empty one into another and nothing happens, then the second guy I shot slides(not the move slide but his character model with no movement just slides) and then I die and then both of them die.

Also @ person who got into a match with a cheater/aimbot or whatever it was, what does that look like?

There have been a few times when someone fires 1 bullet and it's an instant head shot on me.

I always play in either "UK Multiplay" or "UK Rackage" servers and usually have a ping between 10 and 20, with others in the game occasionally having upwards of 150. It seems fine and I only occasionally have moments where I think the way I am killed is bullshit.

Here's a video I recorded of a guy aimbot killing me:
[video=youtube;J4NFp6O0fE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4NFp6O0fE0[/video]
Go to about 2:15 for a RIDICULOUS kill...

El Diablo

Lol, utter cunt.

The stats and levels not saving bug happens if you leave a game or server while a game is in progress. The thing doesn't actually update and save your stats until you exist the server by quitting (yes, brilliant idea >.>). This coupled with all of the bugs can make leveling quite difficult. You can be in a server for 3 games, a 4th starts and then maybe the server crashes or you get dc'd or you just have to go, so you quit mid game and you lose all of the work you did the past 3 games. They need to make it save everytime a game ends.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I haven't touched MP yet due to playing through the SP on Post-Human Warrior and working through assignments. Somehow I have to relate renewable energy sources in Northern Ireland to physics...it's due Thursday...heh.

I have had the nano-catalyst bug myself though which is utterly annoying. Kills any sense of progression in the campaign when it happens.

Adiuvo

After going back to the SCAR from the Grendel for a bit... that thing is utterly overpowered. It was fine in the beta but now it's stupidly powerful.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Seems like one of the crytek devs were ingame earlier.
I don't think you can name yourself "crytek" anything without having a error.

Nanovision needs be remove from mutiplayer.
its easy enough to see invisible guys.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Seems like one of the crytek devs were ingame earlier.
I don't think you can name yourself "crytek" anything without having a error.

Nanovision needs be remove from mutiplayer.
its easy enough to see invisible guys.

Not really. If they're not moving then it's a lot more difficult, especially when running. If they're running about and doing power jumps then yeah, it is easy enough to spot them.