• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware Install Guides

MrMegaDome

i just got a psp it has version 3.90 i want to update mine all the way but every site that i go to or youtube video i always screw it up some how. is there any detailed instructions that i can follow with good links for the specific download i would really like to get this thing working asap

J

jx233

MrMegaDome said:
i just got a psp it has version 3.90 i want to update mine all the way but every site that i go to or youtube video i always screw it up some how. is there any detailed instructions that i can follow with good links for the specific download i would really like to get this thing working asap

Ok, I need some details:

1. is the PSP Phat or Slim?

2. Is it running custom firmware 3.90 M33 or just official 3.90?

edo

Hi
I hope somone can help me to, I have a old psp with official 1.5 fw that I have not used for some year's. Do I need to update to cfw to play backup games? If so, where can I find a detailed guide from official 1.5 to the newest cfw ( I am totaly green on this thing).

Thanks, please send info on my email eilerolsen@gmail.com

january39

eXo Staff
noob here... i just got a psp slim it has version 4.01, can i update it to 4.01 M33?

If it is brand new, probably not. If it is not new, you can but you will need a pandora battery and MMS.

Hit the link in my sig that will explain all. :wink:

martiaya

its brand new from singapore, darn it.:sad: Is it possible for team M33 to create one? i mean able to "hack" this kind of version? :crying:

january39

eXo Staff
Well, im sure they are working on it but will they ever do it, not sure?

You can use the ChickHEN R2 which will allow you to use some homebrew and Plugins. You will have to google it as im on my work laptop which uses IE6!!!!

martiaya

I hope they will able to crack it. I will pray to that haha:laugh: thanx anyways for the recommendation of the homebrew and plugins but i really want to have games in my memory stick rather than using bulky UMD...:laugh: and thanx for answering my questions, looking forward for the crack...

january39

eXo Staff
Well, keep your eyes open, you never know someone might be dev'ing an ISO loader to use with R2.

martiaya

Sir moderator... i heard that there is already an M33 firmware available for my PSP v4.01brand new... is there? can u please guide where i can download it and how can i install it... thanx soso much really appreciate it...:smile:

furudders

New to the PSP

Hi everbody,
i have just brought a psp 1002 ver5.03 i want to install the custom firmware on my psp, i have been look at lots of forms about this. so i have brought a pandora battery and will make a magic memory stick .but this is as far as i have got. can someone guide me though the rest of it i have got the program pandora deluxe installer to make the memory stick i have downloaded the firmwire 1.50 and custom firmware 5.00 m33-6 but that is as far as i have got do i need any other program and if i do were do i get them from?
Thanks

Alex

use can use the chickHEN and run hellcats recobery flasher and install CFW from there

Frenchy7

what custom firmware do you install if you have psp phat 1001 (version 5.03 ChickHenR2)

everytime i run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher the install m33 CFW option doesnt show, what do i do?

Alex

just use the M33 installer from a HEN enabled fat psp

january39

eXo Staff

Frenchy7

it still doesnt show the install m33 option right under the traget whenever i run Hellcat's recovery flasher, how do i make that option come up?

target*

can anyone give me instructions on how to install a Custom Firmware correctly?

Alex

once you are in HEN. RUN the M33 installer from GAME.