• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Daedalus R12 Compatibility List

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well here we are I promised it and I hope I can have other contributers for this list too. Post any others and I will add them to the list. Note some of these games do run slow and have glitches but as long as they are playable I will post them. Also note that some of these games are from different regions try different ones if you don't like results it might help. Also if requests are made I will post some screenshots. Please tell me how to do that too.
EDIT: well now we got r12 out so sorry if any of these games don't work well. I might test a few more with the new emulator and update a few ones already on the list.

Pretty damn good category
-Super Mario cart
-Lego Racers
-Quest 64
-Forsaken - Plays very well with minimal issues and little slowdown.
-Super Mario 64 - Plays surprisingly well with minimal issues and tolerable slowdown
-AeroGuage Random stop don't worry
-Super Smash Bros
-Banjo-Kazooie Just edit the framerate
-Duke Nukem - ZERo HoUR controlls aren't fun but it looks great
-Fighter's Destiny Runs quite well, but again only haven't been able to move things around out of actual fights
-International Superstar Soccer 98 Most menus are quite useable and the screens and chars works fine, bit slow
-Micro Machines 64 Turbo Runs fairly well only minor graphical glitches
-Mortal Kombat Trilogy Lower end of good roms. menus are fine but characters are all black in game and it is slow.
-Mystical Ninja - Starring Goemon Looks Great, and speed is good few minor graphical glitches
- Mega Man 64 Looked and ran great but it uses flashram for save not sure if thats bad....
-Rampage 2 - Universal Tour Looked great ran a bit slow but thats without frameskip option
-Super Smash Brothers Just for being greatest game ever its up here it runs fairly well at decent speed and only minor graphical glitches.

Try if you want to category

-International Superstar Soccer 2000 You can't tell what half the settings are but you can see your chars in game. Field i choose came up all white
-Army men - Sarge's Heroes 2 little different and slow but try it out
-Beetle Adventure Racing ! Let me put it this way it loaded and all but it wasnt worth keeping
-Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling Watch the dissapearing people (made more sense when i first though of it)
-Clay Fighter - Sculptor's Cut Slow and a bit glitchy in fights
-Deadly Arts Works fairly well even without even adjusting frame. only one character can be chosen from what iv'e tried
-Disney's Tarzan Your character basically looks like a pile of sticks when you do see him but the backgrounds and objects are fine
-Doom 64 you see only rough outlines
-Famista 64 (Japan) thing stay behind on screen every frame. Besides that and the Japenese it's fine, Gets annoying
-Hybrid Heaven Looks Great but almost impossible to play with slowdown
-Monster Truck Madness 64 Major graphical glitches and no words in menus
-Hey You, Pikachu nag about mike thing but looked alright and ran alright should try it.
-Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero Looks great but runs rather slow
-Golden Eye alright at menus slow and glitches in game

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
HEY, this ain't for r12, fibber!

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I'm sorry guys i thought I edited it yesterday i was running on like no sleep I mustve pressed the wrong button sorry Ill change it. Sry for asking but how do you edit a title or delete if i must.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm sorry guys i thought I edited it yesterday i was running on like no sleep I mustve pressed the wrong button sorry Ill change it. Sry for asking but how do you edit a title or delete if i must.

edited + stickied the thread. now let's get this thread back on track xD

MenaceInc

Staff Member
after seeing SNES9xTYLme++ i feel in the mood for testing emulators...i wanna try paper mario....i'll be back in a while to say how it goes. :)

EDIT: nope,Paper Mario i can confirm does NOT work.serious graphical glitches and after you try to enter a name for a new game,it freezes....pity :(

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well when i get sometime maybe tonight i have a good 60 games for n64 that I have to get trying and some i wish to retry. So I'll edit it.

O yea sry but thx exosphere saved me some work.

Krelian

Fast fact:

Of all of them that I tested all I can do is confirm that which is already known:

Forsaken - Plays very well with minimal issues and little slowdown.
Super Mario 64 - Plays surprisingly well with minimal issues and tolerable slowdown.

EDIT: Removed the majority of the titles to accommodate your list.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
May I please state again that I only want games that are playable no game does not work sort of things just gives me more things to look through with no need.

EDIT- thank you

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
The thing hasnt really been touched since I got bored of trial and error on my psp and no one really checking out the thread but thx. O yea and all of them basically don't work as well with sound. The 2 marios are probably the best for playing with sound but most aren't that great.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

sukhi10

Does anyone know how i can run fighters destiny it goes to the main menu of the game then i can't go up and down with d-pad.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Changer up to R13 if I get some time I'll do some more testing on games done. I tried out a Zelda and most environments work and while its slow its still zelda have to figure out which one it is so I can post it.

Recin

I'll lend a hand with testing and provide screenshots (when they work properly, sometimes you just get a black screen). Testing with R13, of course.

Oh and by the way CanadaJames if you want to add the screenshots to the compatibility list, feel free to do so. Bandwidth shouldn't be much of an issue as I'm setting up a premium account with photobucket soon. I'd just advise using links, like this: [s1], [s2].

Last night I tested out Rush and Rush II (US [!] Versions).

San Francisco Rush
=============
- Plays with a smooth frame rate when in practice mode, but gets choppy when in fully rostered races. Recommend Frame skip 1 or 2, and disabled sound. Sound actually emulates ok in practice mode, with a smooth frame rate.

- Some texture glitches, minor in menus. A little hard to select cars also, as the text is all blacked out. Some textures will 'unload' (you'll see them load then unload) but generally its still playable, it can only be bad if the bridge in track 1 doesn't load, which happens sometimes.

- Sometimes the sound will be glitched, and have a constant ticking in the background. Works better Disabled.

- Could not get any screenshots of menu or car select screens. Came out Black.
sffsd0000.png

sffsd0002.png

Rush II
=============
- Plays with a smooth frame rate when in practice mode, but gets choppy when in fully rostered races. Recommend Frame skip 1, and disabled sound. Sound actually emulates ok in practice and stunt mode, with a smooth frame rate.

- Again some texture glitches however its not as bad as in the other Rush game. There are no unloading problems as far as I could see.

- Sometimes the sound will be glitched, and have a constant ticking in the background. Works better Disabled.

- Managed to get screenshots of menus in this game.
r2sd0000.png

r2sd0001.png

r2sd0002.png

r2sd0004.png

Something I would love to see in this emulator would have to be a fps display.

Also - Tried to test pilot wings, but got some sort of glitch occurring when I press start on the title screen. Sound keeps playing, but the graphics lock up.

I'll do another few games tonight.

wally

Developer
My god this takes me back..

I guess you haven't tried Forsaken 64 or Rampage yet oh and try asteriods

Recin

Sorry to all wondering (if any) that I haven't put up anymore tests yet. Just been very busy with life - you know how things can be.

Should I wait for R14 before continuing? Any speculation as to the next version release?