• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Dead Island

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Dead island comes out in a couple of days in the US, anyone else planning to get it?

i'm thinking of holding off a day or two to see how the reviews stack up for the game, but i'll probably just buy it when it comes out anyway.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm holding off for reviews. From what I've seen in trailers, the game looks good but the dev behind it (Techland) doesn't have much of a track record, so I'm not sure how it will turn out.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm doing the same. As much as I want it to be good, I'll wait and see how it's received first. There are too many games on the horizon. I just got an email yesterday that Resistance 3 shipped for me.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, i still don't know yet, it was a ps3 review, so hopefully controls are fully customizable on the pc, i don't really mind a cruddy story if the zombie killing/survival is good(which the review claims to be).

the only thing i'm uncertain of is the reviewer talked about 20-30h gameplay for his characted, and didn't comment if that's how long it took for him to complete the game, or if that's how long he has just played for.

TeamOverload

Yeah reviews I've seen are kinda all over the place :/ I'll just add it to my Gamefly queue and probably end up getting to play it in a year or so as it usually is with new releases :p

TeamOverload

So after watching more video reviews, game still looks great to me. Granted this is coming from someone who is playing through Brink via Gamefly at the moment and thinks that game isn't completely god awful, so take that with a grain of salt :p

Adiuvo

Eh, Brink wasn't really bad, it just had crappy support that killed the multiplayer. And multiplayer was the whole game.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so, i decided to buy it anyway, i think i'll be able to get past some of the downsides the reviews mentioned.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Its an alright game but I wasn't really enjoying it. Just playing it because its new. It's suppose to be getting a huge 40 bug-fix patch soon(Unless it already got it, haven't played it today yet).

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
yea, bit disappointed about the pc side of things, they claim it'll be straightened out by the end of the week, i'm mostly hoping the stuttering issues well be fixed, seem to have kept getting worse the more i played.

TeamOverload

I'm enjoying the game so far. Hands down better than Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising (although the second one was pretty good).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm enjoying the game so far. Hands down better than Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising (although the second one was pretty good).

Seems like an entirely different game than L4D but glad to hear you are enjoying it. I might still pick this up when the bugs are ironed out + a Steam sale.

TeamOverload

Seems like an entirely different game than L4D but glad to hear you are enjoying it. I might still pick this up when the bugs are ironed out + a Steam sale.

I only mentioned it because of the zombies, obviously they don't play nearly the same, but all in all still good fun.

PR0fessor Burnt

Played it with some friends last night and it was great. If you're going to play this game it is defiantly better to play with friends.