• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downgrade 3.10 OE Guide *DETAILED*

Jon93

Downgrade OE to 1.5

Want that new fangled XMB that just won't work on 3.10? I guess everyone who has drooled over the awesome looking Custom XMBs have though about it, but didn't want to go though with it or, just had trouble with it. I'm here to help you RECOVER to 1.5 again.

I will walk you though EVERY DETAIL till you get back to 1.5 , if you are a "noob" to this than this guide is for you. but if the only thing you need is the RECOVERY folder, go ahead and download that at the end of this guide

Required:
3.00 OE or higher.

First off Back-up your psp.
do a simple USB connect and grab everything from you memory stick root. Put it in what ever folder on your desktop.
Then turn your psp ALL THE WAY OFF (hold the switch for about 5 secs) then turn it on while holding the R-Trigger. You should be in the RECOVERY MENU, scroll down to advanced and toggle USB flash 0,
*~ BE CAREFUL IN HERE! COULD BRICK! DO NOT CUT OR DELETE ANYTHING!!!~*
and grab every folder in here and copy to a Flash-backup folder on your desktop.

Once you're done with that get out of that menu and go ahead and toggle Simple USB.
set your PSP down and go to your computer. run over to (HERE) and grab the 1.50 EBOOT. Unzip this and rename it UPDATE.PBP, throw that onto your desktop.

OK, now that ALL of that is done, download the RECOVERY folder downloadable below.
plop that into MSROOT:>PSP>GAME. now grab that UPDATE.pbp and throw that into your RECOVERY folder on your PSP.

Now is the point of kind-of-no-return, Ask your self now DO YOU WANT TO DOWNGRADE AND RUN THE RISK OF RE-INSTALLING OE FIRMWARE?

if yes continue
if no, well, enjoy 3.10 OE (not that that's a bad thing right?)

if your psp is still in RECOVERY mode go ahead and select RUN EBOOT AT (blah,blah)
if not shut off your PSP and start in RECOVERY mode.

Make sure your battery is at 75% or better, if not it will boot you back to XMB

follow the directions and downgrade to 1.5.

Welcome back to 1.5.

if your files are all there you can get rid of your PSP back-up, but you still might want to keep your backup of your Flash, it's always good to have around.

Enjoy your Recovered PSP.

Trouble shoot:

(INVAILD SHA-1)- Meaning: ABORT!! ABORT!! this means you have a very high risk of bricking your psp. (your memory stick is "Fake" make sure your memory stick is a MagicGate)

--------------------
(DRX NOT FOUND...EXITING)Meaning: you didn't copy the data.drx file to the right folder.

--------------------
(COULD NOT FIND 150.pbp...EXITING)Meaning: You didn't copy your 150.pbp and 303.pbp files to the right folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PSP BY FOLLOWING MY DIRECTIONS
I am although sorry if it does happen)

Attachments

• RECOVERY.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 857

XsavioR

/change title to Recovering to 1.5 from OE :)
and leave out the 3.03 part :) Theres gotta be an official upgrade guide around here some where. it makes it more universal. But a good recovery guide is useful.

Toailoa91

IT WONT Work

Toailoa91

it says cannot find UPDATE.PBP

dustybike

thanks

thanks worked perfect. Just one suggestion put in some key words so its easier to find for googlers:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

M-Tune

'(INVAILD SHA-1)- Meaning: ABORT!! ABORT!! this means you have a very high risk of bricking your psp. (your memory stick is "Fake" make sure your memory stick is a memory gate)'
U mean MagicGate

Acerthief

Jon93

Been a while since I browsed these forums.

anyway, the guide is updated to be recent enough and I fixed some of the mistakes.