• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

eXo Server - No More Room In Hell [HL2 Mod]

Andy

Champion of the Sun
A new zombie survival mod for HL2 has been released, No More Room In Hell. x3sphere is going to set up a server very shortly and we're hoping we can get a good exo game going.

It's a co-op game where you all have to work together to survive. These are the traditional walker zombies, they can't chase you down but in numbers they overwhelm you. You get a very small supply of ammunition and weapons so you need to make every shot count. If you get grabbed by a zombie you can't move, all you can do is hope a teammate will be there to save your ass while you beat the motherfucker over the head with your shitty flashlight.

[video=youtube;SeYo7idrYlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYo7idrYlo&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/video]

http://www.moddb.com/mods/no-more-room-in-hell/news/nmrih-beta-10-release

Who's in?

Adiuvo

I'm up for it. Sounds fun.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
This game needs a lot of work, at least in its current state. More alpha than beta quality. The concept is there but feels like they rushed it. My friend died for no reason, weapon models disappear out of thin air. The hit detection seems to be WAY off, either that or the damage counters are screwed. I hit a zombie like five times with a sledgehammer and nothing. Very frustrating considering it isn't forgiving difficulty wise.

There is seemingly no balance in the weapons either (at least from the starting selection)... the chainsaw is like 1000x better than anything else because it guarantees damage.

The trailer made this look A LOT better than it actually is, no offense to the devs.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah I noticed it was very buggy after I made this post. Maybe we should postpone until it reaches a more stable state?

Yeah, I suppose. I just don't find it that fun with all bugs, especially coming from L4D.