• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

Available October 2010 on the Playstation 3, XBox 360 & PC

Another addition to the popular Fallout franchise. It isn't a sequel to Fallout 3, but is set 3 years after the event, in Nevada.

It's being developed by Obsidian Entertainment (which has a few of the developers of the now defunct Black Isle Studios, who started the Fallout franchise. It's using the same GameBryo engine featured in Fallout 3. Bethesda is present to publish the title.

Few things:

• VATS makes a return, including enhancements added by Obsidian
  • Gameplay is set to be very similar to Fallout 3, but with a few changes
  • No characters will return from Fallout 3, this is a separate product
  • Iron sights on weapons
  • Vegas isn't directly hit by nuclear fire, so mutations are substantially less
  • Increased difficulty "Hardcore Mode"
  • S.P.E.C.I.A.L system returns
  • Weapons can be modified, with different scopes, ammo types, etc

I'm eager to see what this title has to offer. I enjoyed Fallout 3, despite not playing it's predecessors. It's currently available for preorder on the Steam store, for $49.99 USD

Extra Reading:
IGN First Look: Fallout New Vegas
New Vegas Teaser Trailer Article

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i personally can't wait, i loved fallout 3 with a passion, the hardcore mode also interests me quite a bit, i can't wait to devote another 100+ hours to a great game=-)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I loved Fallout 3 but I expect a less buggy game for my PS3 this time around. No VATS bugs, no random freezing in certain parts of the game, and maybe a better autosave system.

Then again, Obsidian is making it so I'm not getting my hopes up.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I loved Fallout 3 but I expect a less buggy game for my PS3 this time around. No VATS bugs, no random freezing in certain parts of the game, and maybe a better autosave system.

Then again, Obsidian is making it so I'm not getting my hopes up.

the autosave imo wasn't that bad, but i do agree, less freezing/fixs to vat's are very much welcomed

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't remember the 360 version being that buggy. Was this a PS3 only problem?

I have no idea to be honest... I think the PC version also didn't have that many problems, so you might be right.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I don't remember the 360 version being that buggy. Was this a PS3 only problem?

i have the 360 version, with it digitally downloaded from games on demand, and now and then it'll simply freeze for 5 mins or so when doing something in vats, i'm not sure if it's my box or the game

Cryox

Bro.
I am definitely going to buy this game. I am also pretty interested in the whole weapon modifications, sounds pretty awesome.

Robby

Los Doyers!
i have the 360 version, with it digitally downloaded from games on demand, and now and then it'll simply freeze for 5 mins or so when doing something in vats, i'm not sure if it's my box or the game
Hmmm I didn't experience any bugs on the xbox version, and I have the disk. I heard the PS3 version was buggy though.

Anyways, I am excited for this game. Loved the first one.

Adiuvo

I'm hoping the landscape will be better than Fallout 3's. Fallout 3's world, while dubbed a wasteland, was pretty boring. Travelling across the land didn't have any appeal unlike Morrowind or Oblivion. Having more settlements or old homes would be a major improvement.

Anyways, it's still a day one purchase for me, since it still supports mods :p

Hopefully they did more improvements to the engine in regard to multi-core support.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
after watching the gameplay of this on g4, it makes me want this game so much more=-), although it did look a bit cartoony imo

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
There's no such thing as a non buggy bethesda game. This game should be much better.

This man speaks facts.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
it is a huge, huge, landscape, and alot of things to do, u can't expect perfection, or them to find everysingle bug when they only have maybe 10-20 dedicated testers

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I started playing Fallout 3 again, this time with the DLC packs.

Still great. New Vegas can't come any faster.

I started playing the GOTY this saturday... Awesome game any day.

NV please arrive.