• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Best way to play is on Hardcore with the hardest difficulty - this goes for any game

i would agree with most games, except rpg's with low level caps(like fallout), while playing on a harder difficulty does make things harder, generally it means u gain exp faster, and hit the level cap faster, with a game like fallout, i don't want to be hitting the level cap when i've only explored 50% of the wastes

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
i would agree with most games, except rpg's with low level caps(like fallout), while playing on a harder difficulty does make things harder, generally it means u gain exp faster, and hit the level cap faster, with a game like fallout, i don't want to be hitting the level cap when i've only explored 50% of the wastes

Im pretty sure the level experience adjust for hardcore mode and hard difficulty so you dont level too fast. Besides, with Fallout 3, for example, leveling was more of a priority for skills, not so much status - considering you maxed at level 20 - it was almost a pointless feature other than to give some space to leveling attributes and abilities

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't know how I feel about this. I was super OCD with ammo in Fallout 3. I always had max ammo on my spare weapons.

Also, servers you right Seth. Stupid choice on your part given the track record of DLC with this Fallout 3.

Bran

Yell
I'm still getting in on the PS3. I'd rather wait a year that deal with the bugs on the PC or 360 version.

TeamOverload

Joey

if memory serves me right, wasn't the PS3 version the one that was uber glitchy and broken?

For a couple weeks, but they fixed it. It had more to do with the how the game handled PSN, rather than anything to do with the game it's self.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Yeah, I remember hearing about a lot of game breaking issues with the PC and the 360.

idk about the pc, but i didn't have any issues with the 360, once in a while vats would freeze for a couple of minutes, but that was pretty rare for me tbh

Robby

Los Doyers!
360 version of Fallout 3 wasn't that buggy. It froze on me in certain areas maybe 3 times at most, but for the most part it was a good experience. Nothing big enough to make me get it for another console.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Fallout 3 on PC was fine, had its fair share of minor bugs (which Bethesda title hasn't?) but never encountered any game breaking issues. Can't speak for the PS3 version though.

Anyways, I'll be picking this one up on PC. Modding potential + high-res textures make it the definitive version by far. I believe it also uses Steamworks.

TeamOverload

I had a glitch on one of the main story missions where I could not progress past, requiring me to start over, so yeah I'd say the 360 version wasn't too great.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Joystiq review:

If I were looking at Fallout: New Vegas as a product, I'd say it's shocking that it's being released to the public in this state.

Ouch.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Eh, to me Fallout New Vegas would be worth the money. Really loved Fallout 3 and everything about it, glad no too much was changed and they kept the winning formula with a few minor additons and tweaks.

TeamOverload

Basically sounds like those of us who did enjoy Fallout 3 will enjoy this as well. Like they've said all along, it's not a true sequel, so you have to think of it that way going in.