• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Eh, to me Fallout New Vegas would be worth the money. Really loved Fallout 3 and everything about it, glad no too much was changed and they kept the winning formula with a few minor additons and tweaks.

General consensus from most reviews is that the game itself is excellent, only technical issues hamper the experience, moreso than Fallout 3. Although if you could put up with the bugs in F3 I imagine it won't be too much of an issue. On the other hand, if you found the bugs too distracting, it may be wise to wait for future patches.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i've been playing since about 1 am, installed to the hdd, haven't had to wait at most, more than 20 second at any load screen, but generally it's 5-10 seconds, don't know how joystiq is getting 50 second wait times at the load screen, so far, no lockup's/freezes either, also, enjoying the extended bullet system/gun mod system the game employ's

looking at the map in the pip-boy, it looks to be maybe 2/3rd-1/2 the size of the DC area(which disappointed me a bit, since they kept claiming it'd be the same size)

as of which, i've just gotten out of the first town, and it's not so bad, i personally welcome the additions, and the new content, so far feels my 60$ was worth it for another fallout experiance, i know everyone won't agree, but most 60$ games can't give me even 20-30 hours worth of gameplay, so if NV gives me that, i'm not ganna gripe

Joey

i've been playing since about 1 am, installed to the hdd, haven't had to wait at most, more than 20 second at any load screen, but generally it's 5-10 seconds, don't know how joystiq is getting 50 second wait times at the load screen, so far, no lockup's/freezes either, also, enjoying the extended bullet system/gun mod system the game employ's

looking at the map in the pip-boy, it looks to be maybe 2/3rd-1/2 the size of the DC area(which disappointed me a bit, since they kept claiming it'd be the same size)

as of which, i've just gotten out of the first town, and it's not so bad, i personally welcome the additions, and the new content, so far feels my 60$ was worth it for another fallout experiance, i know everyone won't agree, but most 60$ games can't give me even 20-30 hours worth of gameplay, so if NV gives me that, i'm not ganna gripe

That's weird, since I've read that the map is actually bigger. Somebody's sense of scale is off.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
That's weird, since I've read that the map is actually bigger. Somebody's sense of scale is off.

unless it expands at some point, looking at the pip-boy, i defiantly can't see how it's bigger, i wish i could find a map of NV to compare with, but google images isn't giving me any results

General consensus from most reviews is that the game itself is excellent, only technical issues hamper the experience, moreso than Fallout 3. Although if you could put up with the bugs in F3 I imagine it won't be too much of an issue. On the other hand, if you found the bugs too distracting, it may be wise to wait for future patches.

I don't know if I'm incredibly lucky, but I've never had an issue with Fallout 3 and crashing, or bugs at all in that manner.

Was it really buggy for others?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

TeamOverload

I just saw the UPS guy, an hour ago at a store in town. I live in a small town. Someone please explain to me how he isn't here with my copy yet? =[

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
My copy got delivered already but I'm still at work. My UPS guy usually gets to my place at around 4:30, so it got delivered early. They have defined routes TO.

Robby

Los Doyers!

Yeah I'm not understanding the wait time either that these review people are getting. That was the first thing I noticed, 5-10 seconds which is really quick compared to Fallout 3. Installed the game to my HDD as well and haven't had a buggy experience.
Looking at the pipboy it does seem like the map is smaller but maybe the pipboy scales it differently because I read it was suppose to be about the same size. It might expand later on when you progress through the story, who knows.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

I don't know if I'm incredibly lucky, but I've never had an issue with Fallout 3 and crashing, or bugs at all in that manner.

Was it really buggy for others?

Same here. I maybe had 1 bug in fallout 3 on my xbox console that couldn't let me progress, it would always freeze, but eventually it didn't freeze and I was able to move on. Other than that, it wasn't as bad as some people made it seem. I might be lucky.

TeamOverload

Liking it so far, but I do hope up it picks up a bit (which I'm sure it will, especially once I'm able to hit the strip and such). Starts off a bit slow, and it is VERY similar to Fallout 3 gameplay mechanic wise, which could be seen as either a plus or a minus depending on the person I suppose. All in all, a pretty solid title.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Are you looking for a map of a fictional town on Google Maps or are you saying that you can't find a map of Nevada? lol[/url]

i'm trying to find a picture of the new vegas mojava desert world map from within pip-boy on google maps(so i could compare to the DC pip-boy map) couldn't find one last night

like robby said, unless it scales differently, it does look smaller, as well, when i compare two points on the map, and i know how far apart they really are, it seems smaller, idk, still a good amount of exploring to do

also, got my first companion just a few minutes ago=-)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Anyone else having framerate issues? I'm having quite a few here (Playstation 3 version).

nah, seems smooth to me, every once and a while, their's a second where it freezes because it's loading in the background, but other than that, it's been all smooth for me

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
arg, fuck, my autosave file apparantly got fucked, every time i try to load it i get:

"downloaded content not found, do you want to continue", and regardless of what i select i then get:
"the storage device can't be found"

and it throws me back to the main menu, haven't tried my last actual save, but just lost an half hour of playtime thanks to it
edit: also, if i select continue, it just crashs the game when attempting to load

Robby

Los Doyers!
arg, fuck, my autosave file apparantly got fucked, every time i try to load it i get:

"downloaded content not found, do you want to continue", and regardless of what i select i then get:
"the storage device can't be found"

and it throws me back to the main menu, haven't tried my last actual save, but just lost an half hour of playtime thanks to it
edit: also, if i select continue, it just crashs the game when attempting to load
That sucks. Did you happen to turn off the system while saving or something?

I might be getting lucky again because I have yet to suffer a crash and I'm almost 5 hours of playtime in.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
That sucks. Did you happen to turn off the system while saving or something?

I might be getting lucky again because I have yet to suffer a crash and I'm almost 5 hours of playtime in.

FUCK!!!!!!, it happened again, this time, all my saves are affected, i can't load my fucking game
i was ganna test something out, so i saved, i specifically saved twice to make sure this thing wouldn't happen
i do what i was ganna do, went badly, so i open up my menu, and load the save, AND FUCK, the message comes up, ok, i've got a second save, SAME FUCKING MESSAGE!, so, i beginning to freak, ok, i've got my auto save....wanna guess what heppens?!

now the last 14 hours are gone unless a patch is released, FUCK!!!, i don't want to start over again, and nothing i've tried can fix it, i don't think i wanna play it until a patch is released or something

TeamOverload

Yeah, I must say I'm really surprised such a high profile release was released in this form =/ Between the crashes, glitches, framerate issues, and save corruption, I actually might wait until I continue much further into the game. Don't want to risk it. They had two years to polish the engine and fix these issues, but somehow they've managed to make them worse. Go figure.