1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Finally got my own air hocky table.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Serideth, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Serideth

Serideth Active Member

Last played:
    Angry Birds Rio on Xbox 360
    A while ago I posted a thread asking people what I should get for my new place, just made a new purchase today, an air hocky table, it's been my dream since I first played years ago to own one of these, it's not a top grade one but it does the job. The only problem is I can't hit the puck as hard as I'd like since the borders are a bit low and it flys off, so I'm thinking of getting some bendy plastic to wrap around the table so I can use a bit more power, any ideas where I'd buy something like this?

Pic of table:

[​IMG]
  2. january39

january39 eXo Staff Staff Member

Last played:
    Dead Space 3 on PS3
    That's cool. No idea on the plastic you could use though, sorry.
  3. NeilR

NeilR eXo Admin Staff Member

Last played:
    PixelJunk Shooter 2 on PS3
    Looks like the one I have. Incidentally, I know first hand about the low sides; my kid and his friends lost the puck somewhere and I haven't gotten another one or found it yet. I'd imagine a hardware store would have something appropriate.
  4. El Diablo

El Diablo Member

From my experience when I used to have one, I would try and get a better/heavier "puck" than increase the height. A lot of times they give your light cheap pucks with it when you buy it that when you hit them too hard, have a tendency to turn into missiles.