Finally got my own air hocky table.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Serideth, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Serideth

Serideth Active Member

Last played:
    Angry Birds Rio on Xbox 360
    A while ago I posted a thread asking people what I should get for my new place, just made a new purchase today, an air hocky table, it's been my dream since I first played years ago to own one of these, it's not a top grade one but it does the job. The only problem is I can't hit the puck as hard as I'd like since the borders are a bit low and it flys off, so I'm thinking of getting some bendy plastic to wrap around the table so I can use a bit more power, any ideas where I'd buy something like this?

Pic of table:

[​IMG]

2. january39

january39 eXo Staff

Last played:
    Destiny on
    That's cool. No idea on the plastic you could use though, sorry.

3. NeilR

NeilR eXo Admin Staff Member

Last played:
    PixelJunk Shooter 2 on PS3
    Looks like the one I have. Incidentally, I know first hand about the low sides; my kid and his friends lost the puck somewhere and I haven't gotten another one or found it yet. I'd imagine a hardware store would have something appropriate.

4. El Diablo

El Diablo Member

From my experience when I used to have one, I would try and get a better/heavier "puck" than increase the height. A lot of times they give your light cheap pucks with it when you buy it that when you hit them too hard, have a tendency to turn into missiles.