• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War: Judgement

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just got an email that this shipped. Is anyone else planning on picking it up?

It appears to have the best gameplay by far for the series.

Seth

MD Party Room
Seems to be a ton of mixed reviews out there, Ign thinks it top notch Gametrailers thinks it pretty good and Adam Sessler thinks the game is average. What you thinking so far Abe?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It's tough to take my opinion seriously because I'm a super fan of the universe this takes place in. I think this series has by far the best narrative and character development for any shooter this generation; so I'm a sucker for more.

I think it's very fun so far. The new campaign is broken out into a narrative section for each member of Kilo squad, which is run by Baird. You get rated on each section based on criteria like headshots and executions to earn Stars and you can add an optional modifier to make the level more difficult, but earn stats quicker.

Once you unlock 40 stars you can play Aftermath, which is a campaign level that links Judgement to Gears 3, which is where I'm at now.

Haven't touched multiplayer yet.