• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

General Feedback

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
-chw42- said:
I think we need a little more organization in the console section. Like make sub-forums for the different consoles. That's about it.

We are trying to avoid that to avoid fanboy segregation and seepage. Everyone should be mature enough to handle talking about all games and consoles in one forum.

hippie

icon at top of the page should redirect to the forum index

also as i was uploading a avatar via a link this happened

ddddddlx6.jpg

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Abe Froeman said:
We are trying to avoid that to avoid fanboy segregation and seepage. Everyone should be mature enough to handle talking about all games and consoles in one forum.

Eh, once the threads start stacking up, it will be really hard to find a certain thread without digging through a bunch of pages. That's the only thing that I see as a problem in the future.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
-chw42- said:
Eh, once the threads start stacking up, it will be really hard to find a certain thread without digging through a bunch of pages. That's the only thing that I see as a problem in the future.

That is what searching should be used for

-chw42-

Like a Boss
FrozenIpaq said:
That is what searching should be used for

I knew somebody was going to say that. Problem is, the search feature is often very clumsy (you search once, you don't get results, you have to wait for 40 seconds and then search again). I've never been a huge fan of the search feature unless I have to find something really old.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Keep the feedback coming.
Sousanator said:
Can we have the gamertag avatars or would they be too big?
Like Adiuvo was saying the signature limits are lax so feel free to use some space for your stats. I'm not against the idea of gamertag avatars if it's a popular request but I can't be the only one who thinks they look best in a sig?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
NeilR said:
Madsoul was having the same issue using Chrome. We haven't had a chance yet to research why the javascript doesn't fire with it specifically. (though DFS thinks it's cause Chrome sucks)
Well that's fair enough :p
Asides from that though I have noticed no problems, the site is coming along great :)

twelve

I'm not dead
Zero. said:
It's going strong, but it's going to get crowded soon with all the threads for consoles in one generic forum. Maybe a tag-based system for easier searches?
Hence the tags in game thread titles saying [PS3] [X360] etc :p

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Maybe we should have a help center that's split out per Console? Discussions would remain central but help topics are separated and therefore not bumping interesting topics... just a thought.

twelve said:
Hence the tags in game thread titles saying [PS3] [X360] etc :p

That's an idea, but titles then get pushed aside with multiple tags(Like: [PSP][PS3][DS]Game Title). Doesn't vBulletin have some sort of support for tags? I have seen other forums with it.

NYYFAN

How about auto-merging if you make a double post? This feature was quite useful to prevent double posts and keeps lazy people like me from having to edit

Also is there a delete post option? I have not seen it but not actively looked either

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I have another problem which I doubt is to do with Google Chrome.
On every forum I use I go into User CP and change my auto thread subscription to instant email notification - I should get an email everyone time a thread I have posted in gets a reply. It is definitely subscribing to them because I can view them in my User CP, but I am not receiving the emails.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Nope, I have searched absolutely everywhere in my email and only have 2 emails from this site, both related to my original registration.
Is there a problem with google mail emails?

twelve

I'm not dead
Dunno I've just set up instant email notification for me. Reply to this thread and I'll see if I get anything.

twelve

I'm not dead
NYYFAN said:
How about auto-merging if you make a double post? This feature was quite useful to prevent double posts and keeps lazy people like me from having to edit

Also is there a delete post option? I have not seen it but not actively looked either
Auto merge double posts will break my 360 flashing guide and the trophy thread.

A double post here and there is fine. It's when people are bumping thread that it's annoying.

Delete posts i not a default option for users in Vbulletin. It can be enabled but that's up to the admins.