• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So I got Unit 13 off psn and in order to play co op I have to buy an online pass. Bummer.

That's odd. Wipeout 2048 was cheaper on PSN as well but came with the online pass. Another game I can't recall did as well, so it's really strange that Unit 13 wouldn't.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Update on Unit 13, it was suppose to come with an online pass but there was a glitch in the download so they are working on it with a fix suppose to be coming out today. It even says I didn't even buy the game but it shows up in my download history. But I did a quick google search and saw that others are having the same issue.

All PSN games that require an online pass will be bundled with one.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4675469?tstart=0

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I really really hope they release the psp silent hill games on the psv store soon. I so want to play them again.

Is it on the PlayStation Network on PS3? If so you should be able to purchase it there and transfer it over to your PlayStation Vita

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is it on the PlayStation Network on PS3? If so you should be able to purchase it there and transfer it over to your PlayStation Vita

It's really strange that not all the PSP games are visible on the Vita store. JP PSN didn't have that problem, so here's hoping Sony adds the rest soon.

No idea why they aren't able to just put all of them up on the Vita store. Maybe it's to temporarily encourage Vita software sales? It's a stretch, but who knows. Luckily I have been able to just download them to my PS3 and transfer them with out a problem. At least so far.

PR0fessor Burnt

Every time I try to play a multiplayer game in Wipeout I get returned to the game mode menu. Is anyone else having this problem?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just realized that after this week there will be a two month gap with absolutely no new Vita releases. Sony hasn't made any announcements on new downloadable content either other than PSOne classics so I'm not expecting much on that front. I can't remember the last time this has happened before with new hardware... such a shame. Not even the N64 suffered from a drought like this.

Anyways, I'm probably going to purchase MGS: HD and Gravity Rush soon, hopefully those tide me over until more games come.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I just realized that after this week there will be a two month gap with absolutely no new Vita releases. Sony hasn't made any announcements on new downloadable content either other than PSOne classics so I'm not expecting much on that front. I can't remember the last time this has happened before with new hardware... such a shame. Not even the N64 suffered from a drought like this.

Anyways, I'm probably going to purchase MGS: HD and Gravity Rush soon, hopefully those tide me over until more games come.

Has a platform ever had no release for as long as two months before (at least a brand new platform nonetheless)? That's ridiculous!

LocutusEstBorg

I'm really inclined to impulsively buy a PS Vita right now, but when I think about it logically this thing is a piece of shit based on antiquated ideas that laughable by todays standards.
  • Dedicated "cartridge" slot for games. You basically need to carry around pieces of the console in your pocket. iPod's unified 128GB storage says "Hi".
  • Grossly overpriced media storage for songs limited to 32GB. iPod's unified 128GB storage says "Hi".
  • Battery life is a joke by todays standards. iPad's 10-hours of heavy usage battery says "Hi".
  • Browser, media player & social "apps" are a freaking JOKE. iOS curb stomps this so hard it's not even funny.
Physical buttons don't make up for the above which render the device a pain in the ass to maintain. I can't see myself putting up with any of the above crap.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It's a great device for gaming but right now there just aren't enough games to warrant a purchase. Uncharted and Little Big Planet are both solid offerings for the system. Memory card prices are ridiculously high, hopefully they'll come down because a 4gb stick provides you with almost no storage. I wouldn't recommend a vita for anything other than gaming - the rest of the feature set / apps are better on other platforms.

LocutusEstBorg

I also forgot games for this thing are 2700 Rupees a piece over here. LOL no I'm not paying the cost of 3 AAA games (Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, DmC) which I just bought at launch for one crappy handheld game.

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm really inclined to impulsively buy a PS Vita right now, but when I think about it logically this thing is a piece of shit based on antiquated ideas that laughable by todays standards.
  • Dedicated "cartridge" slot for games. You basically need to carry around pieces of the console in your pocket. iPod's unified 128GB storage says "Hi".
  • Grossly overpriced media storage for songs limited to 32GB. iPod's unified 128GB storage says "Hi".
  • Battery life is a joke by todays standards. iPad's 10-hours of heavy usage battery says "Hi".
  • Browser, media player & social "apps" are a freaking JOKE. iOS curb stomps this so hard it's not even funny.
Physical buttons don't make up for the above which render the device a pain in the ass to maintain. I can't see myself putting up with any of the above crap.

• Pretty sure that the ipod touch and iphone only go up to 64gb atm
  • Vita cost no where near the $800 ipad (128gb) or $1000 ipad with Lte .
  • Never had a problem with Vita battery and it also last way longer on standby then most of my other Junk( Note 2, 3ds, Sony Tablet S) it may not last as long as my ipad mini but still get the job done.
  • Umm it not 2005 anymore bro we dont need our psp for music or video we have smart phones and tablets for that junk.
  • Also you act like Apple doesnt make you pay $100 for a 32gb "upgrade" that you cant replace or swap out.
  • I play real games on my vita I dont think I need to carry around more then the 14 games that I have on my 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card.
Also If I might add these cartridge go on sale here quite a bit and get them way cheaper then some of these digital downloads. On top of the great fun games(free) I have with my ps+ account.
However I do have to agree that the U.I and the screen are really sub par and I cant stand to use that stupid little changer they use.

Askar Sensei

Hey, I was planning on getting a used Vita since the price drop for western countries seem to be still far, I was thinking about some games:
-Uncharted GA
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Ragnarok Odyssey
-Dragon's Crown
-Soul Sacrifice
-Playstation All stars battle royale
-God Eater 2 (if it gets here after japan)
Do you have any other suggestions? I thought these were pretty much the big games on psv until now...
I also heard a rumor about the chance of Sony making some sort of ps4-psv bundle, did u hear something?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you like RPGs I hear Persona 4 Golden is good, and it's only $20 on the PS Store now. Been thinking about getting it myself. I'm hoping they announce lower prices for the memory cards at Gamescom this month. Maybe we'll get news on a PS4-PSV bundle there too.

I'm thinking it's a possibility based on what a Sony rep told us at E3: http://www.exophase.com/60296/possible-ps4-vita-bundle-in-the-works/

Askar Sensei

If you like RPGs I hear Persona 4 Golden is good, and it's only $20 on the PS Store now. Been thinking about getting it myself. I'm hoping they announce lower prices for the memory cards at Gamescom this month. Maybe we'll get news on a PS4-PSV bundle there too.

I'm thinking it's a possibility based on what a Sony rep told us at E3: http://www.exophase.com/60296/possible-ps4-vita-bundle-in-the-works/

Yeah that's the first article I read about that. I agree about memory price dropping btw. Maybe there'll be some news at TGS too. I heard about Persona but since I'm
new to the series I was wondering if I could get a nice experience even though I never played the previous games. Even heard ppl saying that game alone was worth the Vita purchase, maybe it was a bit exaggerating but anyways I'll keep an eye on it :)