• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

El Diablo

Am I the only one who's not very interested in this? I was all PSP over DS at first back in the day but I think the DS ended up being the better handheld and personally the 3DS looks better than this to me. None of the games that were announced really interested me or really impress me either. Idk, I guess I will see as more things are announced.

Has there been any news on what might be bundled with the PS Vita out of the box? (ie like the psp value pack with the head phones, case, etc.)
---EDIT---
Just found this on Kotaku right after I posted this:
http://kotaku.com/5840955/say-welcome-to-the-ps-vitas-welcome-pack

But still wondering if there is news on mainly any extra hardware that will be packed with the Vita, I think I may have heard somewhere that AR cards might come with the system?

football

Am I the only one who's not very interested in this? I was all PSP over DS at first back in the day but I think the DS ended up being the better handheld and personally the 3DS looks better than this to me. None of the games that were announced really interested me or really impress me either. Idk, I guess I will see as more things are announced.

I would say I'm in the same boat as you. It's not that I am not interested but I'm a little unsure on whether or not this is for me. I had fun fooling around with the PSP homebrew stuff but I can't really justify buying a vita for that. If the games are amazing then I will buy one down the line but I don't think I'll be there at launch. That isn't to say that i haven't enjoyed spending time reading about it though.

Spiros

Maiki
I'm actually really excited for the Vita, I actually pre-ordered Uncharted: Golden Abyss last weekend, when I have the money I'll be pre-ordering the Vita, I don't want to get the bundle because I'm not all that excited about Little Deviants, but I'm going to need a memory card (thought 4GB is too small), the most attractive thing for me is the case that comes with it.

Anyway really excited about this, Golden Abyss looks great, and I really can't wait to hear more information on the Assassin's Creed and Bioshock games what were announced for it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
HMV.com.hk will open Vita pre-orders later today (11 am Hong Kong time). They will be selling a value pack which includes Uncharted and a 4GB Memory Stick. And, as far as I know, the Asian version of Uncharted includes an English language option.

Don't know what the shipping rates are like, but I'll probably be ordering one. Pricing should be more reasonable than Play-Asia.

Seth

MD Party Room
Got my uncharted and vita pre ordered Really cant wait for this, however Love for this kinda dies down due to the fact I bought a Tablet and zelda 3ds plus a iphone 4s. im not sure I need that much portable hardware on me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wasn't able to get in on the HMV value pack deal but I've got my Japanese Vita preordered, along with a 4GB memory stick. I plan on getting Uncharted and Katamari from the PS Store. Can't wait, only about 3 weeks left till launch. Will do a write-up and probably some video impressions when I get it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've got a $15 coupon for Play-Asia that came via email this morning if you want it. You probably have the same though of you've used them in the past.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've got a $15 coupon for Play-Asia that came via email this morning if you want it. You probably have the same though of you've used them in the past.

I ended up getting one through a guy that reserved a bunch of units on Amazon Japan, thanks though. Cost me $454 shipped, still about $100 less than Play-Asia.

Getting mine of amazon. Had it pre ordered since June (Only paying $100 flat, not tax or shipping + gift cards and promotions). No games or memory cards just yet. I'll be waiting for Unit 13 to come out.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not that I planned on using it, but the Vita browser is garbage. I was watching a stream and it couldn't even render YouTube correctly - no Flash or HTML5 support. I was hoping it'd at least be a step up from PS3, but no.

Why can't Sony just use a decent open source solution, rather than hacking together a proprietary alternative that functions like it's from ten years ago.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Vita has shipped :D Should get it Thursday.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
a1956f18ac9af47bcf8d92086cc906894da663ea.JPG

8af370926d475014e2a89ca3127d603bba61e96d.jpg

109abebf483d156ef56d587caeb4b30ae6d563bb.jpg

PS Vita just arrived :D Haven't spent much time with it yet, just updated firmware and it took less than a minute to install - much faster than PS3. And I just booted up Uncharted, which looks gorgeous on the OLED screen. It's also noticeably lighter than the 3DS.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont undersants why everyone so hung up on these Memory cards, I dont plan on makeing this a media powerhouse, my phone alreadly makes a way better mp3 player. Also with netflix support coming I dont think I be loading any movies on it. All that leaves is game saves( I sure they add cloud support later on)and DLC and looking at the size of my XBl games I dont think I use more then 4gb on everything.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Is that PS Logo always orange or does it change on certain status (messages, battery level, standby ect)?
And is that version of Uncharted in English?