• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

Just finished paying off my pre-order on amazon, Feb 22nd could not get here any faster! I'll probably be picking up the start kit too.

x3sphere, another question, have you had any issues with the vita getting too hot? Or does it stay pretty cool to the touch?

Seth

MD Party Room
x3 are you still useing your vista or are you kinda bored with it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3 are you still useing your vista or are you kinda bored with it?

Yeah, mainly to try demos. Already finished Uncharted and Katamari. I want to get Wipeout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta but will wait until they release over here as prices on the JP store are pretty high.

Just finished paying off my pre-order on amazon, Feb 22nd could not get here any faster! I'll probably be picking up the start kit too.

x3sphere, another question, have you had any issues with the vita getting too hot? Or does it stay pretty cool to the touch?

Sorry... didn't see your question before. The Vita does not get warm to the touch even after extended sessions (around 2-3 hours). I found it can get a little warm when charging, though the PSP was no different in this regard.

Spiros

Maiki
Yeah, mainly to try demos. Already finished Uncharted and Katamari. I want to get Wipeout 2048 and Super Stardust Delta but will wait until they release over here as prices on the JP store are pretty high.

What did you think of Uncharted? Really curious if I will enjoy it nearly as much as I have enjoyed Uncharted on the PS3, I don't expect it to be the best game in the series, just hoping it comes close to the console experience. Anyway, got my copy already pre-ordered, now I just need to find the money to pre-order the Vita.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What did you think of Uncharted? Really curious if I will enjoy it nearly as much as I have enjoyed Uncharted on the PS3, I don't expect it to be the best game in the series, just hoping it comes close to the console experience. Anyway, got my copy already pre-ordered, now I just need to find the money to pre-order the Vita.

I thought it was good, gameplay-wise it's like the first Uncharted, so more of a focus on exploration and puzzles. I'd say it's very close to the console experience. Unfortunately, they didn't get the aiming controls quite right - I found them somewhat stiff. However, the gyro functionality makes for a good compromise, since you can use it to nudge your crosshair if it's a bit off. I found it essential for headshots.

What I didn't like - touch-driven quick time events, there's quite a few of them. They basically replaced boss battles with these. The game enters a cinematic state and makes you perform a bunch of touch gestures like sliding your finger across the screen to trigger an attack or movement. Felt really tacked on and it didn't help that you had to start all over if you slipped up. Most of them are fairly short, so it's not THAT bad, but the one near the end was frustrating since it was like 2 minutes of swiping your finger across the screen.

The puzzles are equally bad. Nearly all of them consist of piecing a map together or rubbing charcoal using the touch controls.

So yeah, aside from the gyro controls, I found all of the Vita's 'gimmicks' to detract from the gameplay experience in Uncharted. There should've been an option to just use buttons for everything.

Still a very enjoyable game and like I said, it holds up well to the original Uncharted. It is not on the scale or polish of 2 and 3 though. But hey, it is one of the first major titles on Vita and being a launch effort I'm not surprised that it was rough along the edges. I hope we get another one.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
That's the one thing I noticed while at E3 - the aiming just wasn't right. They had changed the aiming system slightly in UC3 but eventually provided a patch to bring it back to how it was in UC2 which I preferred a lot more.

I was originally on the bandwagon to get a Vita at launch but money is a huge issue for me right now as I'm basically relying on my week's paycheck to make it through the week for food and gas (luckily though I don't have to pay rent/insurance yet). Skipped out on 3DS and might just have to skip out on Vita...hope not though

Seth

MD Party Room
Looks like the 3G/Wifi system is getting a bundle at the same price.
http://www.slashgear.com/ps-vita-gets-special-launch-day-bundles-27211065/

3G/Wifi Vita
8GB Vita Card
At&t Data Connection Pass (I think its 250MB of data free)
Free PSN Game
All still for $299

It sweetens the deal a good amount for the 3G/Wifi version. But I'll still end up getting the wifi version.

idk seems like a useless thing.
Psp Vita wifi 250
8gb card 30 bucks
Any Psn game 20 bucks. So unless you really wanted the 3g it not much of a deal. Also I pretty sure the psn game there going to give you is pure trash.

Wow, just thought this was interesting. I was reading the rules for the Taco Bell sweepstakes Sony is having, and they are giving away a lot of PSVs, nearly $2,000,000 worth.

"Official Rules said:
PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE AND ODDS (

TeamOverload

Really thinking about picking this up with my tax return, but haven't decided for sure yet. Anyone think these will even sell out or if it's worth pre-ordering? Probably just going to pick up the wi-fi model as I truly don't see the point of the 3G one. Total waste of cash.

Dan

Contributor
They're available to play in Gamestation stores, didn't have time today, definitely spending some time in there tomorrow though.

about time they started doing some marketing for this thing. Saw a couple of TV spot last night. I'll be going to my gamestop to preorder order the carrying case and earphones. Hopefully they'll have a demo unit then.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Really thinking about picking this up with my tax return, but haven't decided for sure yet. Anyone think these will even sell out or if it's worth pre-ordering? Probably just going to pick up the wi-fi model as I truly don't see the point of the 3G one. Total waste of cash.

I don't think we'll see a complete sell out but it may be wise to pre order just for piece of mind if you want to get it day one.

Only system I had trouble getting on launch day was the PS2, and the hype level for Vita is nowhere near that.

Seth

MD Party Room
I just canned my pre order I just dont feel it worth it anymore :( Havent placed my ps3 or 360 in ages dont see the vita as something I play that much.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
There's some Vita games up for purchase on the US Store. Unfortunately Sony is charging MORE than retail, and that's with a 10% discount.

Wipeout 2048 is $36 on the store, $30 from Amazon.

I was hoping we'd see more competitive pricing on digital items, guess not though.

Something to me says those aren't final prices. I have a pretty good feeling Sony will adjust the prices come the 15th. They're smart people, I'm sure they'll notice it and get it fixed. I'm guessing those were place holder prices from a while back and somebody, for whatever reason hit the publish button on their end. No reason the games should be up anyway considering there's still a week until the first edition bundle, and two weeks for everyone else.

Also netflix, four square, skype and flickr have all officially been added to the Vita's list of apps.
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/apps/

Once PlayStation Suite gets its release on the Vita, it's going to be a pretty interesting handled. I really just can't wait to get my hands on it.