• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I thought it was depending on how the beta was received and could last anywhere from a month to 2 weeks

Well that's what all the Bungie staff has said in all the videos and podcasts recently, guess someone higher up told them to set a finish date.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There's a two-and-a-half-minute version of Birth of a Spartan that will be available for download in about 10 minutes supposedly.

I'll grab it and upload to youtube.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
There's a two-and-a-half-minute version of Birth of a Spartan that will be available for download in about 10 minutes supposedly.

I'll grab it and upload to youtube.

That's been up for like a day on youtube already hasn't it?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I don't know. I got an email yesterday saying it would be available for download from a press site this morning. Apparently it's the same video you can see from the Dashboard if you are a gold member.

Edit - Here it is.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsynPnE1YEg[/yt]

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I don't know. I got an email yesterday saying it would be available for download from a press site this morning. Apparently it's the same video you can see from the Dashboard if you are a gold member.

Edit - Here it is.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsynPnE1YEg[/yt]

Yeah I think that one's been up for a few days now, still good though :)
Kind of wish the guy had got in the armour to be honest :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah I think that one's been up for a few days now, still good though :)
Kind of wish the guy had got in the armour to be honest :p

To clarify once again, this is just an extended version of the short that was released earlier. Doesn't really shows us anything more really, just offers the "full" short

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
To clarify once again, this is just an extended version of the short that was released earlier. Doesn't really shows us anything more really, just offers the "full" short

I know, and I saw the full one yesterday and the short one a few days ago :p
Game is still looking awesome.
I am doing nothing on Monday except playing it. Planning on preparing food beforehand :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I know, and I saw the full one yesterday and the short one a few days ago :p
Game is still looking awesome.
I am doing nothing on Monday except playing it. Planning on preparing food beforehand :)

And you didn't share it with us? How dare you! The short was just released, officially, yesterday so that's why I was a bit confused since I wasn't aware it was available earlier

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
And you didn't share it with us? How dare you! The short was just released, officially, yesterday so that's why I was a bit confused since I wasn't aware it was available earlier

Haha sorry, didn't realise, I'm just subscribed to loads of YouTube channels :p

TeamOverload

Yes. There is no code you need to input, just simply pop in the campaign disc and an option to download the beta should appear right on the main menu on the 3rd.

user friendly

If I can tear myself away from BBC2, I want to. I was really hyped for Perfect Dark but was kind of let down. Only tried the demo but I don't know what it was but I lost interest, as well as Splinter Cell Conviction (although I still haven't tried it). Definitely will be checking out Alan Wake and Halo Reach. Might get my first Gold Sub if I can groove with HR. Bought a new controller a few weeks ago too!