1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Help on adding PSX game cheats (CWCHEAT)

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew' started by Puritytears, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Puritytears

Puritytears New Member

Hi , i want add a new cheat for my psx game , however i totally clueless on how to add .
    Anyone can help me ? thanks in advance :laugh:
    The codes are like
    D0134EE4 0020
    801557A8 0016
    which is actually meant for PS1 gameshark/action replay etc .
  2. Alex

Alex Developer

i beleive there is a homebrew for that, start googling lol.
  3. Puritytears

Puritytears New Member

I read up some of the post around here and found this link which is similar to what im finding .
    http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3585&page=2
    Can i just paste the code at anywhere of the cheat.db ?

to:alex_e
    according to the link above i believe cwcheat which im using can do it .
    im just unsure of how to add cheat on the cheat.db .
  4. Alex

Alex Developer

sorry, ive never used cwcheat, give a shot and try
  5. Ray

Ray New Member

Just added to the bottom of cheatpops.db, or if yours is emty at the beginning.
  6. Puritytears

Puritytears New Member

Example i found these playstation gameshark cheats , how do i add it to the cheat.db after opening it with wordpad ?
  7. Ray

Ray New Member

Ok you have to do it this way:

1- You just need to rename the cheat.db to cheat.txt so that you can open it with notepad and write the codes in it.

2- the codes need to be in order first you need to have a file like this (the example is from a FFVII cheat found on this <a href="http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3585&page=2">thread</a> you need to put your game info here just use this as a guide)
    _S SCUS_94163
    _G Final Fantasy VII
    _C0 Experience Up
    _L 8009BF70 FFFF

so yours should be something like this
    _S The game save folder in here, you can see that in cwcheat when you open it while in the game and go to the cheat list.
    _G the name of the game goes here.
    _C0 Here you put the cheat's name and its C and number 0 not letter O just maaking sure ^^
    _L Here goes the code.

3- Now you just need to rename the cheat.txt back to cheat.db and enjoy your cheats ^^

Btw i think the PSX cheats have a different db file something like a popscheat.db or cheatpops.db not sure, (don't have my psp with me to check) hope this helps ^^