How are you guys planning your characters?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Adiuvo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Adiuvo

Adiuvo Staff Member

I'm basically making a clone of Doctor Strange. I'm still not satisfied with the way my Skyrim character looks, but it's getting there. Naturally the character is mostly magic, though I'm using a war axe occasionally until my magic gets up to par.

2. Abe Froeman

Abe Froeman Gamer Dad Staff Member

Last played:
    Destiny on Xbox One
    I usually choose the one that allows me to use the biggest beard. From there, I have no idea. Probably a melee guy like I usually do on these types of games.

3. slicer4ever

slicer4ever Coding random shit

Last played:
    Destiny on Xbox One
    defiantly going archer-mage myself, with a bit of focus on skills like blacksmith and enchantment(although i find enchanting is a bit hard to level up compared to blacksmithing).

4. eldiablov

eldiablov Contributor

5. Abe Froeman

Last played:
    Destiny on Xbox One
    Does anyone have any good build recommendations for a Redguard? I'm looking for something that's pretty balanced between one-handing and dishing out decent magic.

6. Adiuvo

Adiuvo Staff Member

Ignore destruction as it's not all that powerful at higher levels. Go with heavy armor and get the steed stone so it weighs nothing, and alternate between raising health and magicka when you level up. Restoration has a perk that makes the normal healing spells also heal stamina, so you don't need to worry about it.

Regarding magic, fill out the perk tree for conjuration (except bound weapons) and restoration. These two will make you into a massive tank, and so long as you use smithing properly you'll be dealing a huge amount of damage with one-handed.

7. Abe Froeman

Last played:
    Destiny on Xbox One
    I finally started playing this. Sucks not having time nowadays.

Anyway, I think I've got my guy planned out after playing for about 15 hours. I'm going to try and max out One Handed, Heavy Armor, and Block. I'll sink some perks in Smithing and Enchanting as well. I chose a Nord and I think I'm going to use swords over maces and axes.

Is the Speech tree worth using perks on?

8. slicer4ever

slicer4ever Coding random shit

Last played:
    Destiny on Xbox One
    I didn't find it useful, as well, leveling Speech seems to be incredible difficult in this game. I pretty much gave up trying after my first character.

9. Dan

Dan Contributor

I wouldn't, although it's beneficial in the long run, it will take a really, really long time for you to start noticing the effects.

10. UnfazedZebra

UnfazedZebra New Member

I picked the Nord. None of this Wizard and Cat rubbish. My weapon of choice is the one handed Axe