• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

I'm not being displayed under achievements that I have earned

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
One of our enforcers banned your account from the leaderboards for cheating. I don't see why your account was banned however so I've removed the ban for the time being and will follow up with him for details.

stingygamer

Hmm... seems to have been a mistake on my part. These things happen sometimes when busy banning 100s of cheaters. Please accept my apologies and my wish for happy achievement hunting!

ofidal04

Really not a problem, I think it happened when I reported another user. Misclick or whatever, thanks for explanation :)

Anyway, although these pages show now that 3 people earned all achievements, my avatar still isn't there :/ I'd love to see this fixed.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Really not a problem, I think it happened when I reported another user. Misclick or whatever, thanks for explanation :)

Anyway, although these pages show now that 3 people earned all achievements, my avatar still isn't there :/ I'd love to see this fixed.

Fixed now, sorry about that.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How does one get banned from exophase? Is it just banned from the leaderboards or the entire site?

Just the leaderboards, users banned for cheating can continue to use all other site features.

Gamer Steve

Just the leaderboards, users banned for cheating can continue to use all other site features.
Ah I see so the person will be removed from the world leader boards but they still have their profile page and there achievements page and still use the forum pages.

stingygamer

Thanks. :) I appreciate all the help.

Also, I'm really only good at steam- I don't know much about xbox and PS3- but we have other enforcers and macros to catch cheaters there.

Gamer Steve

Thanks. :) I appreciate all the help.

Also, I'm really only good at steam- I don't know much about xbox and PS3- but we have other enforcers and macros to catch cheaters there.
Understood :cool: how do you guys actually catch people by just veiwing their profiles and achievements and seeing the times or is there a program you guys use that allow to find people?o_O

stingygamer

Understood :cool: how do you guys actually catch people by just veiwing their profiles and achievements and seeing the times or is there a program you guys use that allow to find people?o_O
Well, the best answer is both. As I said above, the admins have macros, which are programs that run continuously in the background and detect suspicious activity. For example, someone who earned 100 achievements at once would be flagged as suspicious. Bans are carried out by the admins and enforcers.

For admins, they are usually busy with other aspects of the site so they mostly ban people who are flagged as suspicious by the macros. Enforcers actively look around and ban people, mostly by looking at times of unlock and unlock patterns. If I see that a user has unlocked a "kill 10,000 zombies" trophy before he unlocked the "kill 5,000 zombies" trophy, then I will suspect he's cheating them.

Enforcers also respond to user reports of cheating. Most reports are concerning PSN and Steam. Most reports on PSN have been false or ill-informed to my knowledge.

Most reports on steam are accurate, because of the nature of the platform blatant cheaters are removed quickly, but I don't have the time to look around at people's profiles all day long. The best thing you can do to help is bring my attention to the cheaters on steam by using the "report" button above a user's "recent achievements".

Gamer Steve

Well, the best answer is both. As I said above, the admins have macros, which are programs that run continuously in the background and detect suspicious activity. For example, someone who earned 100 achievements at once would be flagged as suspicious. Bans are carried out by the admins and enforcers.

For admins, they are usually busy with other aspects of the site so they mostly ban people who are flagged as suspicious by the macros. Enforcers actively look around and ban people, mostly by looking at times of unlock and unlock patterns. If I see that a user has unlocked a "kill 10,000 zombies" trophy before he unlocked the "kill 5,000 zombies" trophy, then I will suspect he's cheating them.

Enforcers also respond to user reports of cheating. Most reports are concerning PSN and Steam. Most reports on PSN have been false or ill-informed to my knowledge.

Most reports on steam are accurate, because of the nature of the platform blatant cheaters are removed quickly, but I don't have the time to look around at people's profiles all day long. The best thing you can do to help is bring my attention to the cheaters on steam by using the "report" button above a user's "recent achievements".
Thats some power stuff lol. i understand now. do you guys flag people or approach these so called cheaters and inform them they you caught them or u just remove them quietly from the leader boards? are they flagged on their profiles for cheating? i believe i can across something that looked suspious the other day..lol it was kinda of funny i thought it could have just been a website error cuz it said this guy platiniumed Destiny before its release dateo_O. so i looked further into it and saw that his/hers first achievement unlocked in destiny was like in 2008 and they platinumed the game in like july of 2014....when the game was released in sep. 2014:eek: I'm not accusing this person as a cheater but just wondering if that was a website error?

Last edited:

stingygamer

Thats some power stuff lol. i understand now. do you guys flag people or approach these so called cheaters and inform them they you caught them or u just remove them quietly from the leader boards? are they flagged on their profiles for cheating? i believe i can across something that looked suspious the other day..lol it was kinda of funny i thought it could have just been a website error cuz it said this guy platiniumed Destiny before its release dateo_O. so i looked further into it and saw that his/hers first achievement unlocked in destiny was like in 2008 and they platinumed the game in like july of 2014....when the game was released in sep. 2014:eek: I'm not accusing this person as a cheater but just wondering if that was a website error?
We remove them quietly from the leaderboards. You will see on their profile that their global rank is 0, so they cheated.
Please report suspicious activity. I would need to see his profile to check for suspisious activity. I cannot tell from a message if he's cheating.

Gamer Steve

We remove them quietly from the leaderboards. You will see on their profile that their global rank is 0, so they cheated.
Please report suspicious activity. I would need to see his profile to check for suspisious activity. I cannot tell from a message if he's cheating.[/QUO
Please report suspicious activity. I would need to see his profile to check for suspisious activity. I cannot tell from a message if he's cheating.
i dont want to snitch on anyone lol and i dont want to accuse the person if he is not guilty but if you want u can take a look how do u private message people?

stingygamer

i dont want to snitch on anyone lol and i dont want to accuse the person if he is not guilty but if you want u can take a look how do u private message people?
You won't get in trouble for reporting a suspicious person. It's my problem whether someone is cheating or not.

You can send a private message this way
click forums
click the envelope symbol in the upper right next to your name
click "start a new conversation"
and email-like screen appears where you can send messages

Gamer Steve

You won't get in trouble for reporting a suspicious person. It's my problem whether someone is cheating or not.

You can send a private message this way
click forums
click the envelope symbol in the upper right next to your name
click "start a new conversation"
and email-like screen appears where you can send messages
ok gotcha