• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

KeyCleaner

mcs_lau

Hi, Chilly Willy, thanks for your great work first! :smile:

I have a 2.71 TA-082(PSP1006) softdowned to 1.5 using Dark_Alex first downgrader. I have encountered the same problem as BaDaPpLe that I used to be able to charge while I'm using Wi-Fi, but after the keys are fixed, my PSP won't charge while using Wi-Fi. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks for your help first!

the key status right now:
4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
8 - no key (code 0x80000025)
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply, but now i get the same error in 0x000148. Sorry for the trouble.

I guess it'll have to wait until I get a chance to go back to plain 1.5... I can't test it otherwise, and I can't find anything about this sorta issue at ps2dev. They have a few threads on it, but the last arc should have handled that.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hi, Chilly Willy, thanks for your great work first! :smile:

I have a 2.71 TA-082(PSP1006) softdowned to 1.5 using Dark_Alex first downgrader. I have encountered the same problem as BaDaPpLe that I used to be able to charge while I'm using Wi-Fi, but after the keys are fixed, my PSP won't charge while using Wi-Fi. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks for your help first!

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

Uh, that's the NORMAL action of a PSP. Sony didn't want both the wifi and the charger heating the PSP at the same time. Something in the broken keys allows you to bypass that restriction, so you want to break the keys again. :biggrin:

I don't know what part of the keys controls that. If you want to experiment, dump your keys now that they are fixed as a nice backup. Then run the old idstoragechanger to break the keys. Then run KeyCleaner again with a copy of the backup keys you made, but with ONE of the keys (out of the list displayed by KeyCleaner) missing. Vary which one is missing until you find the one that "fixes" the wifi/battery issue. If you narrow it down that much, I may be able to make an app that switches the key to enable/disable that behavior.

fahad24soccer

Help please

Hey look pease chilly willy help me my problem is the ad hoc its not working im alomost sure that is one of my key that are corrupted anyway i have psp originally 2.6 upgraded 3.03 downgraded to 1.5 and upgraded to 3.03 oec now i have the ta082 version know that i have used the idcopy v1 that fixed my battery issue but not my ad hoc
can u please help me and suggest me what to do
thx very much
PS. when i try to send picture to my friend it works perfectly when i try to connect it just does not work put even both psp in channel 1 and automatic still nothing he has original 3.11 version i have 3.03oec i dont think that is the prob but anyway
and great job chilly willy on your key fixer

XsavioR

Run keycleaner , fix with out files ,

When your done , it should tellyou key 6 is corrupt.

When you get to this point post again and let me know ... from here it is easy to get you sorted,

magnetic strip

Using my PSP1001 with TA-082 board I went from 2.60 -> 2.71 -> 1.5 (using a Dark_AleX easy downgrader with IDStorageChange) -> 3.40 OE-A. I have not run any other programs or made any changes. I havent run KeyCleaner yet. I wanna make sure it will work and that i know what i am doing first.

Which of my keys are changed by the path I took ? Is it possible to know for sure before i run KeyCleaner and know if will it work for me ?

I read the readme.txt and i want to know if KeyCleaner restore the original keys or does it basically make it good as new ? are there any problems it won't fix ? Finally where or how would I get a "dump on the memstick of the keys from a stock PSP". I do not have access to another PSP but I want to fully 100% fix any probs. If it is a legal issue can someone please give me the info via PM or something. I'm much obliged. Cheers for this great program.

magnetic strip

OK ! Thanks ! I will do that ASAP when i am not rushed and post my infos.

Quik question in the meantime .... if you restore the keys from mem-stick do you have the original keys or what ? and what is the difference if any ?

XsavioR

Repair with out files... will fix any key (that the infos are stored in other keys). And will indefinately leave you with one key remaining corrupted... 6 or .43

Fixing with files, if you have the right files is kinda the same
only you gotta eb carefull to get them from an identical psp.

Just try it out and let me know when yer done ... then i can figure out what key you still need and instruct you on making/aquireing it.

Whysper

Hi.

I have a 2.71 TA-082/86. I have encountered the problem of brightness. I already tried to fix with files on mem stick, and still have the problem, and now it says:

4 - cleared key - okay
5 - unkonwn status
6 - copy of original key 0x0005
41 - copy of original key 0x0006
42 - copy of original key 0x0041
43 - cleared key - okay
45 - copy of original key 0x0047
46 - copy of original key 0x0045
47 - no key (code 0x80000025)

PSP is a TA-082/86

Unrecognized key state

I think i've messed up... :(

Please help me... What's wrong???

I have no clue what to do... And what's the "SRC" Folder for? Do we copy it to the memory Stick? To Where?

kashell

ei guys need some help hir ive just use the keyscleaner to be able to fix my usb host but i cnt understand the tutorial on how to use it i dnt have the stock psp keys.. so i use the fix w/o using folder and it fix the keys when i restart the keyscleaner to check if its already ok a message appears

keystate: chilly willie soft-downed TA-082/86 - bad key 0x0043<----that the prob it didnt fix all my keys what the meaning of that??? will it damage my psp??? and where can i get an original dump keys of psp??? and if ever i have how can i run it on my psp to be able to flash it tnx.

i would really appreciate if you could help me tnx

Caillou

sorry for bad english. i have a question. on key cleaner when restore from memory stick with same psp kind. do you end up with original keys? psp like new? or what is youre status? thanks.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
sorry for bad english. i have a question. on key cleaner when restore from memory stick with same psp kind. do you end up with original keys? psp like new? or what is youre status? thanks.

If you make a dump of the keys from a good psp that is (basically) the same as yours, they can be used to fix the keys on your psp. If their psp was downgraded the same way as yours, its keys won't be any better than the ones you already have. :biggrin:

sandelpoz

Unrecognized key state

I have TA-82 that is downgraded from the original idstorage patch.
Now I run KeyChanger 1.1 and it tells me "Unrecognized key state"

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - cleared key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

Is my PSP ok?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I have TA-82 that is downgraded from the original idstorage patch.
Now I run KeyChanger 1.1 and it tells me "Unrecognized key state"

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - cleared key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay

Is my PSP ok?

You key 0x45 isn't set right. The region data we've seen for key 0x45s go like this:

PSP1000 = 03 00 01 00 (Japan)
PSP1001 = 00 00 01 00 (USA)
PSP1002 = 00 00 01 00 (Australia)
PSP1003 = 02 00 01 00 (HK, I think)
PSP1004 = 02 00 01 00 (UK)
PSP1006 = 02 00 01 00 (Europe)

As you can see, all key 0x45s known about have an 01 at the third byte, with the first byte controlling some aspect of the region. There no known (valid) key 0x45s that are cleared, and that is why v1.1 says your key state is unknown. I think in v1.2, I'll report the state as soft-downed with bad key 0x45 for a state like yours.

On the other hand, no problems are known to be associated with 0x45 not being "correct". If you wish to make your keys perfect, you could dump them, edit 0x0045.bin with a hex editor to match one of the above values, then write it back.

sandelpoz

Now I run KeyChanger 1.1 and it tells me "Chilly Willy soft-downed TA082-86"

4 - original key - okay
5 - patched key - okay
6 - original key - okay
41 - original key - okay
42 - cleared key - okay
43 - original key - okay
45 - original key - okay
46 - cleared key - okay
47 - original key - okay