• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Colm

Well, I'm looking forward to this game to, but... Yeah, that's highly unlikely.

It's sure as hell going to be better than WAW. Done right, this can probably match MW and other tactical onlines like BF2 and CSS, if not become better than them.
It's going to be great online, but probably not as good as TF2, CoD4, BF2, Resistance2 etc.

Oh, and I agree about the need for pacing.

Joey

It's sure as hell going to be better than WAW. Done right, this can probably match MW and other tactical onlines like BF2 and CSS, if not become better than them.
It's going to be great online, but probably not as good as TF2, CoD4, BF2, Resistance2 etc.

Oh, and I agree about the need for pacing.

I'm not saying it couldn't, I'm saying I wouldn't bet on it.

Vee

Yeah, but its quite possible. The only bad thing i've heard up till now is the slowness of turning. I hope it isn't too slow and its COD speed. I think the most important part of MP games is the Maps. COD4 rox'ed so badly because it had perfect maps. Where as WAW has just an assortment of rodokulously big maps. Where theres one position that everyone rushes for, resulting in a inter-racial gangbang of clantags.

Slasher

Suck It
How is the "slowness of turning" a bad factor in a game? Is there not a sensitivity option?

All i'm looking for in this, is a decent story mode, amazing graphics and a multiplayer as fun as COD4/5. As long as all those boxes are ticked, this will have me playing my PS3 all year.
Oh I'm sure you'll be [STRIKE]butt-humping[/STRIKE] playing your ps3 all year long even if this game turns out to be a clunker ;)

user friendly

You can adjust the horizontal/vertical sensitivity to preference but after turning it up I found it much better when set to default or just one or two ticks above. It helps for fine movements, especially long range headshots with the assault rifle. But yeah, it won't be a problem since they let you change it, like every other shooter on the planet designed after the year 2000.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I think it'll boil down to server quality. The levels are so perfectly designed and it felt so right to me. It might take a few to get used to the difference between 60fps vs 30fps though.

From what I remember, there were a few server-side issues that they tried to fix. They were mostly good except when logging in you would once in a while get an error, or when trying to get into a game it gave an error. But as I said, it was very minimal. I heard that people were angry about it have the problem with fps, but when I played, it worked well enough that you didn't even think about it as you played.

user friendly

From what I remember, there were a few server-side issues that they tried to fix. They were mostly good except when logging in you would once in a while get an error, or when trying to get into a game it gave an error. But as I said, it was very minimal. I heard that people were angry about it have the problem with fps, but when I played, it worked well enough that you didn't even think about it as you played.

TBH, the framerate became a problem in Blood Gracht during 32 player matches. I'm still wondering if it's been fixed but like you said, you don't really notice it and it only happened when two or three people were using the rocket launchers in the Blood Gracht level.

I just won't play in the 32 player matches in that level if it's the same as the beta. Maybe they could just block the rocket launcher for that level, it was out of hand anyway, especially with 31 other people.

spike021

TBH, the framerate became a problem in Blood Gracht during 32 player matches. I'm still wondering if it's been fixed but like you said, you don't really notice it and it only happened when two or three people were using the rocket launchers in the Blood Gracht level.

I just won't play in the 32 player matches in that level if it's the same as the beta. Maybe they could just block the rocket launcher for that level, it was out of hand anyway, especially with 31 other people.

Yep. I actually hated the rocket launcher, lol. Too many people just camped with it or used it primarily. I began to use it too and it was great with splash damage, but my all-time fav so far I think is the normal rifle :)

user friendly

Hell yeah. I did like the extra speed when using the assault class, which unfortunately defaults to the heavy weapons. Although I think once you earn it, you can use the speed "perk" with a few other classes.

I like how you can switch classes on the fly (after each death) and the way each round flows into the next.

Here's nicely put together video from the beta which brings back fond memories.

Youtube (loud)

The chirp sound you get when getting a kill is so very addicting after a while.

spike021

Hell yeah. I did like the extra speed when using the assault class, which unfortunately defaults to the heavy weapons. Although I think once you earn it, you can use the speed "perk" with a few other classes.

I like how you can switch classes on the fly (after each death) and the way each round flows into the next.

Yep, I did unlock it for other classes. It was awesome to move at insane speeds, and then slaughter someone's flank. Speaking of that particular strategy, I think I did that to you... Hmm, was it you?

Here's nicely put together video from the beta which brings back fond memories.

Youtube (loud)

The chirp sound you get when getting a kill is so very addicting after a while.

Oh, I like that sound :p

Slasher

Suck It
Gametrailers.com - The Source For Video Game Media

Looks like Killzone 2 is one to miss, I'm going for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

A review by Maxim of all places :bored: they even named 'Killzone' as 2 seperate words, ugh

I lulzed at this...
I don't think he meant so much the story itself, but he meant the immense feeling you get of actually being a part of the story. Perhaps these can go hand in hand, but I'd personally put them on seperate planks. Later on, he goes on to explain that you actually care about your fellow AI and actually strive to land on top (wow, that sounds subtly gay haha)

Vee

How is the "slowness of turning" a bad factor in a game? Is there not a sensitivity option?
If someone appears on your right, if it takes half a century to turn round and hit them, its fucked.
Oh I'm sure you'll be [STRIKE]butt-humping[/STRIKE] playing your ps3 all year long even if this game turns out to be a clunker ;)
Stop talking shit.