• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

LAN Parties!

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Post anything related to LAN parties here :)

Some mates from school and I had a 4 day LAN at one of our houses recently. A few people popped in and out, 8 people being the most we had at once of 9 total. We ended up mostly playing TF2, but also played SC2, LoL, TM and L4D2.

2011-08-21194947.jpg

2011-08-21194935.jpg

2011-08-21194927.jpg

2011-08-21194914.jpg

Bran

Yell
Holy fucking white nerd kids.

I hate lan parties. I never enjoyed any of the ones I attended in college, and the lans my 30+ friends throw are good, but awkward when I'd hit on their wives.

I have room full of LAN pc's all my friends just come over and sit on all 6 of them :biggrin: We play TF2, GTA IV, COD 4, WaW, alterIWNet MW2, and soon BO.

Adiuvo

I only know one other guy with a gaming-capable PC, and I built the thing for him.

Needless to say I've never been to a LAN party, though I'd imagine there's something to do in San Francisco.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Used to have small gaming sessions with my friends several years back playing DotA and we would set up shop at each others houses - although most had laptops so it was relatively easy to move around. Online communication (TeamSpeak, Xbox Live) have taken a bit away from the LAN experience and advantages but I would still prefer a LAN setting over an online setting

El Diablo

Is that a sexy m11x I see!?

group

Used to have small gaming sessions with my friends several years back playing DotA and we would set up shop at each others houses - although most had laptops so it was relatively easy to move around. Online communication (TeamSpeak, Xbox Live) have taken a bit away from the LAN experience and advantages but I would still prefer a LAN setting over an online setting..???

Dravlae

I started doing a LAN parties at the house for kids and their friends. LoL. They dunno what to think. Like yall can play in one room? I am like yup.