• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Lost Odyssey Discussion

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've started playing this today and it seems like a really solid RPG (moreso than most Square stuff). Considering that Hironobu Sakaguchi is the creator of this one, it seems that he took out the best in FFVI (Steampunk world) and FFVIII (character design) and created one hell of a solid game. I'll be reviewing this one after I beat it

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was positive there was already a thread for this game but I couldn't find it. I remember talking about it when I first played it. Anyway, I really enjoyed this game; it's underrated in my opinion.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I was positive there was already a thread for this game but I couldn't find it. I remember talking about it when I first played it. Anyway, I really enjoyed this game; it's underrated in my opinion.

(I searched for the thread aswell but couldn't find it =\)

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly: the game plays very well, looks gorgeous and has nice music. I just hope it stays that way, but from what you said I don't seem to have nothing to fear :p

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
this was one of the games i really miss after getting rid of my xbox 360. ive always been a jrpg fan, and i thought this game was great. i especially liked the ring systems in both battle and equipment. brought me back to the old days of grinding in ff just to get the perfect equipment ;_;

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just realized why I couldn't find this thread, the game came out before we made MfM. Here are a couple of my posts while I was playing it.

I'm about six hours in and I just got hooked. I just went 55 minutes between save spots because of one one non-interactive cut scene. (beat the worm at the Grand Staff) This game has been put together well with the ring and skill-link systems.

Just passed 15 hours and I'm not using a walkthrough either. Ming just joined the party.

I'm on Disc 3 now, managing the Skills is becoming a little tedious now with four immortals in my party. I have a feeling there is going to be a split up relatively soon.

I got slowed down at the end of Disc Three when I was forced to grind for the first time. I walked into the last "cave" part and the first enemy encounter I had killed three of my characters on their first move, before I could even attack once. I had to spend about an hour gaining levels before I could proceed.

Also, make sure you are not letting any one character get too far behind in levels. I won't spoil it for you, but on disc three you will be forced to use everyone.

I finally got around to finishing the story of this game tonight. It was pretty solid. If you are into turn based RPG's, the I would recommend it.

El Diablo

Is this a 360 exclusive? I kind of want to get one of my broken 360s hacked and working so I can play the very few 360 exclusives that interest me. Other than this one though I can't think of any others.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
yes, its a 360 exclusive. the only other game i really miss is gears of war, as far as 360 exclusives go.