• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Mass Effect 2

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
One thing I did not do, was adapt to the new combat system they were trying. I still played the old school ME way of pulling up the Power Wheel and individually selecting every time I used them. I couldn't get used to the hot button system.

Same here, I only use Shockwave in real time when Husks rush me. Other than that, I'm pausing to line up combo biotic attacks. Pull and Slam FTW!

James.

User Not Found
Eh, not sure if all of this will spoil, just to be safe it's blacked out (I've finished the game, paragon with all loyalty missions done)
Warning: Just my thoughts on ME2 and ME3
[BLACKOUT]I thought the ending was on the verge of being too far. A human reaper? I think they were running low on ideas for a final boss, don't get me wrong - I loved the story and overall it's set the bar very high for game of the year. I most definitely can't wait until ME3 to finish the story arc, but have they caused more problems because there's way too many characters now?
I mean, if they're going to bring back all the old crew and keep the new one (that you let survive) it's going to be tough to keep stories for them all.
If they have to write some out, I can see Grunt going back to Wrex. Although, Ashley (If you let her survive in ME1) I think might come back because you're no longer working with Cerberus, but your romance in ME2 might have something to say about it...
I do want to see how helpful the Geth will be in ME3, will they go back to the reapers? Or will they help out the organics?
I think Bioware might have bitten off more than they can chew, they'll need to come up with endings for ME3 that include all the choices that players have made in ME1+2, then two for each of those (Paragon and Renegade) I want them to prove me wrong and make ME3 the best game they've ever made, I'm just hoping (Seeing as ME2 was marginally better than ME1 - my opinion ;) - it probably wont happen) that they won't go the same way as Halo did. (ie Never living up to the hype, and I used to be a Halo fanboy...)

tl;dr. ME2 was amazing, hope ME3 can live up to hype and fits everything in[/BLACKOUT]

On to post-ME3, who's wanting a prequel in the First Contact War? That could go well. It could work as long as everyone had played ME1

TeamOverload

Haha that's great Abe.

Quick question for you all, btu what does importing Shepard from the first one actually do? I know it helps develop the story based on the decisions you've made in the past in ME1, but how about actual stats wise? I've seen quite a few of you stating you wanted to get Shepard to level 60 before importing, but why is that? Surely the game wouldn't have you be disadvantaged if you imported a Shepard that wasn't maxed all the way out?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Haha that's great Abe.

Quick question for you all, btu what does importing Shepard from the first one actually do? I know it helps develop the story based on the decisions you've made in the past in ME1, but how about actual stats wise? I've seen quite a few of you stating you wanted to get Shepard to level 60 before importing, but why is that? Surely the game wouldn't have you be disadvantaged if you imported a Shepard that wasn't maxed all the way out?

I think you start at Level 5 with an imported Level 60 ME Shepard. My character was Level 44 since you can only import a Shepard from a completed game.

I think it helps you get to Level 30, and that's about it.

I got to Level 28 or 29 and did everything possible. Playtime was right at 40 hours.

Joey

[BLACKOUT]I really didn't like the fact that picking Grunt as the fire team leader on the second surge got him killed. That really pisses me off. Grunt was one of my favorite characters, and he seemed perfectly capable leading a fire team.[/BLACKOUT]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
[BLACKOUT]I really didn't like the fact that picking Grunt as the fire team leader on the second surge got him killed. That really pisses me off. Grunt was one of my favorite characters, and he seemed perfectly capable leading a fire team.[/BLACKOUT]

I made the same choice and then replayed the end sequence and had Miranda lead that team.

To get everyone to survive, I had Legion to the tech thing, Garrus led the first team, Jacob led the survivors back, Miranda led the second team (she still got shot going through the door like Grunt, but shook it off), used Samara as the biotic, and had Miranda and Mordin in my team at the finale.

Seriously though, Miranda and Mordin were pretty much unstoppable in my game.

She could wipe out any Barrier with Heavy Warp and he took care of any Armor with Heavy Incinerate. She could also destroy any Shields with Overload maxed.

And I just tossed out Heavy Shockwave to make the battlefield look like popcorn popping as a Vanguard.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I made the same choice and then replayed the end sequence and had Miranda lead that team.

To get everyone to survive, I had Legion to the tech thing, Garrus led the first team, Jacob led the survivors back, Miranda led the second team (she still got shot going through the door like Grunt, but shook it off), used Samara as the biotic, and had Miranda and Mordin in my team at the finale.

Seriously though, Miranda and Mordin were pretty much unstoppable in my game.

She could wipe out any Barrier with Heavy Warp and he took care of any Armor with Heavy Incinerate. She could also destroy any Shields with Overload maxed.

And I just tossed out Heavy Shockwave to make the battlefield look like popcorn popping as a Vanguard.

Damn, now I need a second playthrough [BLACKOUT]because I got Mordin and Jack killed.[/BLACKOUT]
Also I felt the last boss was a little easy. I wasn't complaining too much as I'm still not accustomed to using KB&M.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Damn, now I need a second playthrough [BLACKOUT]because I got Mordin and Jack killed.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Apparently you need to have everyone loyal and do all of the ship upgrades to get everyone to survive as well. I did all of that except the Med Bay Upgrade. Didn't need to since I was a Paragon.[/BLACKOUT]

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
[BLACKOUT]Apparently you need to have everyone loyal and do all of the ship upgrades to get everyone to survive as well. I did all of that except the Med Bay Upgrade. Didn't need to since I was a Paragon.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Oh, well then that explains it. Two of my characters weren't loyal.[/BLACKOUT]

Joey

I was a Vanguard on ME1, and reclassed to Infiltrator. I hated changing until [BLACKOUT]I picked up the shotgun off the dormant reaper ship... After that, I liked it. You evenutally upgrade your machine pistol to an SMG, so you eventually become unstoppable with a Shotgun, SMG, and sniper rifle. You can pretty much dominate the game with a sniper rifle though.[/BLACKOUT]

I wanna replay as a soldier or Vanguard. I can't decide if I want to finish my second shepard in ME1, and make all the opposite decisions from my first game, or if I just want to replay it with the same game save, and just pick a different class. I don't know if I even want to go back to ME1. Not that it's worse, but the games are so different, I don't know if I want to go through that adjustment again.

Was I the only one who found ME2 to be laugh out loud funny in a few spots? Joker was hilarious, and of course Mordin was great.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm a big fan of the Vanguard class, but heard it was a bitch to use when trying to do an insane run.

I'd like to get a Renegade character playthrough completed to have on my 360's HD for the third game. I know I want a playthrough that has my Shepard [BLACKOUT]not destroying the Collector Base and bumping heads with the Illusive Man like I did with my Paragon.[/BLACKOUT]

I think the only time I laughed was the scene where Mordin was prepping Shepard before getting intimate, then Shepard had a response option asking if he was being sarcastic.

I explored every conversation option during every conversation. I rarely do that with games.

Joey

Man, I'm trying to do a Male renegade playthrough, but I just can't stand it... I really don't like Male Shepard's voice. It's not that it's bad, it's just no where near the quality of female Shepard's voice.

Looks like I'm gonna be starting a third game, as a female renegade. Also, I was a soldier in the Male renegade save, and I really didn't like Soldier. I think I'm gonna go Adept, or Sentinel.

I fucking love this game though. It was even better after I discovered that you could order your party members to target one enemy... Which I discovered about 20 hours into the game :/ I thought you could only tell them where to go.

Doing a second playthrough as a renegade sentinel, man I am in love with this game. I already want to do more playthroughs as soldier, adept & infiltrator. Just as a different class, it already plays differently. Even how powers combo up adds another dimension to the game. Reave + Warp is a good one.
[BLACKOUT]
I also chuckled on Legion's loyalty mission, apparently the Geth still have the sudo command.[/BLACKOUT]

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm still on my first playthrough, as I'm going for 100% completion. The one decision that will have me replaying ME2 is whether or not I cheat on Ashley. [BLACKOUT]I heard that the original cast will be coming back to help out in ME3, along with your original lover. Of course, if you were unfaithful in ME2 they won't be happy.[/BLACKOUT]