• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Minecraft] 3D Dot Mine Heroes Texture Pack

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
[Minecraft] 3D Dot Mine Heroes Texture Pack - POST HALLOWEEN UPDATE

Note: After I have this texture pack completed im going to "release" it for lack of a better term on the minecraft forums where all these types of things get put for wide viewing. Until then im just going to keep it here and im going to keep working on it to improve it and add since so many people enjoy it. In case nobody likes updates, ill keep the old ones for downloading.

3D Dot Mine Heroes Texture Pack

This texture pack is a WIP progress based of the PS3 game 3D Dot Game Heroes. Although its impossible to match everything in the game, im doing my best to keep it close without it being too confusing in MC.

CREDIT: Thanks to Solo Wing Pixy on the MC forums for the original design. My design is highly based off of that, but certainly stands separate from it

Screenshots
Here
And here

Changelog [Version .9000.b00] - HALLOWEEN UPDATE

Notes: this is basically an experimental release for the obviously retarded game update

YOU WILL NEED TO REINSTALL AND REPATCH FROM SCRATCH, READ ALL THE INFO!

Fixed:
-Cobblestone was desaturated a bit
-Grass texture was fixed to be accurate with dirt texture
-Logs have a closer color pattern (the colors blend more)
-COMPATIBLE FOR HALLOWEEN UPDATE
info:Grass and Tree colors are no longer rendered from an image file, the game does it itself. What this means? We cant chose what color grass and trees can be, only what the pattern is.
info:Also, for some reason Notch decided to not do the same grass process with the side of the block, so that color is always constant. What this means? The side of grass will stay the same color but the top will change... making it look weird - for now
>Added the new blocks which include a pumpkin that im not sure will last forever, a random blue thing? and 3 unidentified blocks that one of them im guessing is some type of ore
>Tree and grass colors/patterns were changed to accommodate the update

To Fix:
-Lava: Something is just off with it
-Redstone Tracks: Too plain and bulky
-Doors: Need to match 3DDGH
-Various other textures that need to match the above

To Do:
-GUI
>>>UI (Done)
>>>Inventory
>>>Furnace
>>>Storage
>>>Crafting
-Items
-Icons (Done)
-Sun/Moon
-Clouds

READ BELOW
In order to use textures of higher quality than native 16x16 Minecraft, you need to painlessly PATCH your game AFTER you install your new textures that are of 32x32 and higher -This texture IS 32x32 so you need to patch.

You only have to patch once, and then never again. Look below on how to patch

Navigate to your appdata folder, this will be in your User>Yourname directory. If you cant find it, its because its hidden (99% of the time its hidden by default unless youve been there before).

Inside appdata, navigate to the following directory. appdata>roaming>.minecraft>bin

Inside the bin folder there will be a .jar file named minecraft.jar. You need to OPEN this with an unzipper [winrar, 7zip, etc] DO NOT UNZIP IT, this will make the process longer and im not explaining. Just right click and "Open with". A directory will come up with all sorts of files and folders.

Take the downloaded terrain.png and drop it in the root directory that opened up in this .jar file. It needs to replace the old one. Its best to back up the terrain.png that was already in there in case you are a fag and decide you dont like this texture.

After the new file is in place, simply close the directory and start up the game (which you just lost) and the new texture will be viewable.

This is far too easy:

Place the terrain.png or any other textures you want to use in the SAME place as your minecraft client icon and they should be placed in the game.

Im pretty sure its the same as Windows but ill look it up

Save As "terrain.png"
Download Version .9000.b00 Here
Download Version .9000.1 Here
Download Version .9000 Here [This was the technically the first version]

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
This is rad

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont know if anyone cares but by random boredum... I and a couple of other people started playing again, so I updated this texture.

Mind you its not 100% but at the very least all the blocks are updated. I also redub it Pixel Hero. This is a 32x32 texture.

www.elakatos.com/projects/pixel_hero_v2.zip

Unzip it and place it in your /texturepacks folder

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
This texture has been updated to work for version 1.6.2

Going forward this pack only supports 64x64. All you do is drop the zip in your resourcepacks folder (optionally you can unzip it and use it that way as well)

Download Here