• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

My 360 just destroyed my copy of COD:WW

Cryox

Bro.
So, i was just playing COD:WW with some friends, and i was getting a bad connection, so i slid it to the right a bit, hoping it would better my connection, and i heard an awful sound from the disc tray. Pulled out my disc, and there was a nice little ring around the disc. Now it won't even load the game.

I didn't even tilt the xbox at all. Any one know of how i can get a replacement disc? I know i have heard that MS knew about the disc destroying defect upon shipping the first consoles. I should be able to get a replacement right? The disc was mint before this happened, like all my games.

Links or anything will help.

0523092251a.jpg

0523092247a.jpg

I know, not the best quality, took these with my phone camera.

Zx30

Beto
I doubt Microsoft will do anything. They give you a warning ahead of time on all new consoles.
It's a clear sticker right on top of the disc tray saying "Don't move the system while game is in play" or something like that.
You're on your own I assume.

And how would tilting/sliding your Xbox360 possible increase internet speed? -_-;

Cryox

Bro.
When did you buy it? I've had mine for 2+ years and It came with one.
I got it on March 3rd, 2007 at 5:19 in the afternoon :D
(still have the receipt and ALL original packaging and stuff. Didn't throw anything away.)

It would increase my connection by minimizing obstructions like walls, floors, tables etc. My xbox just happens to be in my basement, and the router is on the 2nd story. There was also a pipe above it that i think might be hurting the connection.

Zx30

Beto
Microsoft Admits That the Xbox 360 Scratches Game Disks - Don't try to move the console - Softpedia

Microsoft has replied to these charges, stating that, although the phenomenon isn't widespread, it has issued warnings to users about the dangers of moving the console while a game disk is inside it. Such warnings were reiterated in the manuals and in the online terms of service issued by the company, where it stresses that it has no fault if a disk gets scratched if the console is moved.

GG. :(

Cryox

Bro.
dang. now that sucks. it isn't even on the replacement list on the MS support page... *cry* :'(

EDIT:
I am going to try and borrow a friends copy and save it to my HDD. Hopefully that will work.

eldiablov

Contributor
With the ridiculous amount of noise that comes from the disc tray i'm surprised you had the balls to attempt to move it while it was reading a game :/

Once I knocked my 360 over while playing a game. Left 4 dead was demolished :p

Cryox

Bro.
With the ridiculous amount of noise that comes from the disc tray i'm surprised you had the balls to attempt to move it while it was reading a game :/

Once I knocked my 360 over while playing a game. Left 4 dead was demolished :p

Well i knew what was happening, so i wanted it out before it got too bad.... i was to late though.

Xander

I managed to mostly revive Rainbow Six Vegas after kocking over my 360 mid-game. Those disc descratchers do wonders.

Cryox

Bro.
I managed to mostly revive Rainbow Six Vegas after kocking over my 360 mid-game. Those disc descratchers do wonders.

I might try that. where can i find a cheap one... that works well?

600th post

Cryox

Bro.
I think i know someone who has one of those. I'll see if they still do. But the reviews for that particular one were terrible btw. ;)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ

Moose

Meta Moose
When my disk got scratched like that I could rub away the white stuff from the disk and then it would work fine. :p I had to be quite forceful though, and use my fingers.

Cryox

Bro.
When my disk got scratched like that I could rub away the white stuff from the disk and then it would work fine. :p I had to be quite forceful though, and use my fingers.

What did you use besides your fingers? paper towel and windex?