1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Need help with formatting issue!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by androidkaita, Sep 30, 2011.

1. androidkaita

androidkaita Drop The Gun

Hey

Recently my windows decided to stop working, so I decided to reformat my hard drive and start fresh.

The problem that I'm having is that the windows installer disk seems to be incapable of creating a partition for some reason on my Hard Drive. I thought that was strange so I booted into the USB version of Ubuntu, and tried to use gParted.

In gParted I deleted the partition so that there was 1.34 TB of unallocated space, and then formatted it to NTFS.

This still didn't work. Then I decided to try just installing Ubuntu, and Ubuntu also cannot locate my hard drive when I go thru the installation process. But it shows up fine in gParted.

What is going on?

Ok I managed to install Windows 7 on it now, but it has no drivers and the aspect ratio is all messed up. When I put in my PC's recovery disc and try to reformat the C: drive completely it fails and says that it is an unrecognizable format or corrupted
  2. Adiuvo

Adiuvo Staff Member Staff Member

Use DBAN then try creating partitions again with GParted. If that doesn't work I'd imagine the hardrive is dead.
  3. androidkaita

4. androidkaita

DBAN doesn't do anything, it just says "reading sectors error (EDD)" over and over again...
  5. Adiuvo

Adiuvo Staff Member Staff Member

There isn't much to be wrong besides the hardrive being dead in that case. What happened when Windows stopped working anyways?
  6. androidkaita

Great :/. It just gradually got slower and slower, and then I was having some weird issues where I had to refresh every folder in order for changes to appear, so I decided it was probably time to format.
  7. LocutusEstBorg

LocutusEstBorg Contributor

Last played:
    Gears of War 2 on Xbox 360