• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Portal 2

MenaceInc

Staff Member
7fqIZ.jpg

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
a friend of mine bought portal 2 yesterday for ps3, and from what he says apparently it comes with a downloadable copy on steam, AND you can play co-op one person on pc and the other on a console. he said he played it co-op with his daughter last night, him being on pc and her being on ps3. has anyone else tried this? this is pretty epic if you ask me.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
a friend of mine bought portal 2 yesterday for ps3, and from what he says apparently it comes with a downloadable copy on steam, AND you can play co-op one person on pc and the other on a console. he said he played it co-op with his daughter last night, him being on pc and her being on ps3. has anyone else tried this? this is pretty epic if you ask me.

That's one of the major sticking points for the PS3 and PC versions, that they are compatible with each other online.

Dan

Contributor
I hope there's more titles that work like this, so I won't have to fork out for new hardware components every now and then :p

TeamOverload

I read that you couldn't do it, as each copy is tied to YOUR Steam ID? I could be mistaken however, and if what you say is correct, that is in fact pretty awesome.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
we're going to try it out tonight hopefully. he's letting me borrow his ps3 copy and he'll play his copy on steam and see if we can get a co-op going.

Riorio99

I'm wanting to know how this works. I'm kind of hoping that my PS3 Hard Copy isn't tied to a single Steam Account. That would suck.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
There have been a few instances where the co-op bots have been spotted in the single player. I seen Atlas in test chamber 7 of GlaDOS's first set of tests in Chapter 3 I think.

KalLC.jpg

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
There have been a few instances where the co-op bots have been spotted in the single player. I seen Atlas in test chamber 7 of GlaDOS's first set of tests in Chapter 3 I think.

KalLC.jpg

Looks like Wheatley :p

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
just beat the single player, was an epic game, and the ending was so exciting, and much better boss then the first one.
the only criticism i have is that some of the more exciting sequence's in the game would suddenly have a loading screen pop up, which would kindof ruin the rush of things

now to get some friends and play the co-op