• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Hellcat

Contributor
*** UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE ***

img-80809_icon0_p-r-full.png

img-80809_rflash120_g-r-full.gif

Here it comes :D

==========
  • can now install 4.01-M33-2 as well
  • installs 3.71-M33-4 now instead of plain 3.71-M33
  • comes now with an additional .ELF binary to be used from a Pandora stick (up to DDCv5, on v6 you can use the EBOOT version)
  • added a simlple filebrowser like thing for launching additional apps from /PSP/GAME
  • added option to override "battery low" warning
  • added version check of the updater .PBP used for FW extraction

Enjoy!
(first post has been updated with new download :))

aero125

Hi Hellcat,

Pandora can't boot a TA-088v3 board, so flashing a CFW to it with DC is impossible now.

The Recovery Flasher designed by u can flash CFW onto a psp w/o pandora, so does it mean you have overcome the downgrade problem faced by the homebrew community now on the new board/cpu ?

Or that the recovery flasher can only work with an existing CFW (already downgraded) set ?

Thk u.

<p>sorry for being noob,
but can anyone tell me the different between Fully bricked psp and semi-bricked one.. or if there any other forum you can refer me to..</p>

Hellcat

Contributor

img-80809_icon0_p-r-full.png

img-80809_rflash120_g-r-full.gif

Due to quite some requests and quite some "sensemaking", here's just another tiny update:

==========
  • Updater .PBPs are now also looked for in the memstick root
So, if you already have the .PBPs you need in your memsticks root, you no longer have to copy them into the recovery folder as well.
It still looks first in the recovery folder for the files (for those not having it on a Pandora stick and want to keep the folder structure clean) and if it can't find the .PBPs in the recovery folder it looks in the root for them - so, your choice where to put them :D

And for those who didn't catch the last update, for the log the list of 1.20 changes again :)

==========
  • can now install 4.01-M33-2 as well
  • installs 3.71-M33-4 now instead of plain 3.71-M33
  • comes now with an additional .ELF binary to be used from a Pandora stick (up to DDCv5, on v6 you can use the EBOOT version)
  • added a simlple filebrowser like thing for launching additional apps from /PSP/GAME
  • added option to override "battery low" warning
  • added version check of the updater .PBP used for FW extraction

Enjoy!
(first post has been updated with new download :))

badwhip

any wy to get this to work with 4.01m33 with kernal 1.5 it keeps saying need software 2.71 or above. thanks

Hellcat

Contributor
run it in 4.xx kernel mode (check the config in the rec.menu that /PSP/GAME is set to 4.xx mode).

AFAIK once the 1.50 addon is installed everything started via the rec.menu's function is always launched in 1.50 kernel - in that case use one of the older flashing tools that are available from the 3.52 and earlier days.

And for the future, just stay away from the 1.50 addon :p You see, it's evil :p

Illegal Machine

And for the future, just stay away from the 1.50 addon :p You see, it's evil :p

More like gay.

I still don't understand why the 1.5 kernel is sooooo special.. ALL my brew works in 4.xx

and better than 1.5 ever was to top it off. why do people love it so much? SNES runs better in 4.xx anyway

and Hellcat.. this app is kickass. All I needed it for was to restore my old Pandora battery to normal, and make a new one from a different battery.

But now I have a New Pandora Battery and MMS that both have the same matching GOLD PRINT. SO I will always know which one my MMS and Batery are :)

thanks!

GreyWolf79

<p>I unfortunately upgraded to 4.01M33 and found out belatedly that popsloader no longer works. I was happy to find your Recovery Flasher so I could downgrade. I followed the intructions, and when it got to the firmware installation screen, I got errors when the updater modules were loaded and the installation was aborted. Is there a possibility that I did somthing incorrectly? Thanks in advance for any info.</p>

GreyWolf79

<p>Disregard my last post. The firmware file that I tried using must have been corrupt. I downloaded a fresh file and it worked like a champ. Thanks again.</p>

gjsnoop

<p>i have it installed to my psp fat but i will click start and it says the game could not be started and below it it says (80020148 PLZ HELP</p>