• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Release] The Field of Kings

Thomas Eversole

Hi. I've been working on something in secret (well almost secret) since January.
Its a PSP homebrew and there's also a port to play it on smart phones.

Its a point and click adventure game called "The Field of Kings". Anyone who knows me knows I love "King's Field" so.... yeah. Picture MYST/Riven with enemy encounters on your phone and/or PSP. Its an epic open world to explore. (2165 images, over 100 different enemies to encounter, 9 large areas)

Here's some screenshots.

1w1.jpg
2efightdeath1.jpg
16s3fight.gif
49n7fightdeath.jpg

Here's a video. Recorded in Firefox. What you're hearing is the game's soundtrack.

Facts:
- The game is FREE. It does not cost anything to have the full version.
- You do NOT have to have PSP custom firmware to play the game. The Field of Kings is javascript/HTML and is played through the PSP browser.
- Works great with sound on my Android 2.0 phone. I don't have an iphone or Vita, but people confirm the game works, sound doesn't. (additional testing? Help please?) All the sound needs to work is full HTML5 compatibility. I can't imagine my little android could do that and the iphone4 couldn't.

FREE full version download, install instructions, how to play, FAQs and more at http://www.thefieldofkings.com or the banner above.
Game is over 100MB unpacked. Don't be scared by 4000+ .a/htm files unpacked - that's what the game is.

Enjoy!

Thomas Eversole

I have an update. There's good news and bad news.

First, the bad. There was a mistake in my coding toward the end of the game. Long story short, it was impossible to get to the last boss the legitimate "beat all the bosses" way. (I tested more the "non-legitimate" way to beating the game. Yes, there's a secret to getting to the last boss very quickly.) The good of the bad news is that it was only accessing the last boss which was flawed. Everything else was fine.

The good news is, I fixed the problem completely. All the files/links/online-game on thefieldofkings.com website are fixed and updated. None of the file sizes changed because it was a simple line of coding that got overlooked. Its all good now.

The bad of the good news is there's no patch so to speak. It requires a re-download, and re-install. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Some more good news, I've had multiple people ask me... how long does it take to beat the game? Well, I decided to find out... and document it.

Here's a video of a The Field of Kings speedrun so to speak. How long it takes from the start of the game, to unlock the seal to The Ineffable King Edward (last boss). Surprisingly, it was just a little over 12 minutes. I'm guessing with beating the boss, assuming you knew exactly what you were doing (much like in this video) it would barely be more than 13-14 minutes to completely beat the game. Be wary of spoilers. This video reveals boss locations and quite a few enemy weak spots.