• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Seth

MD Party Room
Anyone else cant wait for this game to come out?

I dont feel it will live up to RE4 but will still be a great game and a must pick up..Kinda like How COD5 isent as good as COD4 but still a good game..

March 13, 2009 is the day it comes out.

Edit could a mod move it to the thread part of the forums...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Im not big fan on RE games, but looks pretty good.
But no zombies? that only thing turning me away from this game so far.

Mave Zero

I loved Resident Evil 4, and I can't wait for 5. And if it does come out on the XBLM on Friday, but only for Japan, couldn't you make an account in Japanese and download it? Or does that not work anymore?

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Well, it it's out in Japan, but you can download the demo on the net and then burn it to a disc, and it will work on any console.

I played this for a bit earlier and I thought it was ok. The way the zombies move and everything is incredibly realistic, by I found the actual movement system a bit of a pain.

Mave Zero

I know you can download it online and burn it, but I mean if it's out on the Marketplace, can you download it from your console at home? I know my friend had a one month card and he made an account that could download Japanese demos and videos, but I'm not sure how he did it. Any ideas?

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I know you can download it online and burn it, but I mean if it's out on the Marketplace, can you download it from your console at home? I know my friend had a one month card and he made an account that could download Japanese demos and videos, but I'm not sure how he did it. Any ideas?

I'm not positive, but I think they stopped you from doing that. It's worth a try though, I think during the account signup you can just find a Japanese address online and use that.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I spotted this new gameplay footage from the second level on GameTrailers. It’s look like the early zombies are going to be slow moving, but I would be willing to be that won’t be the case as the game progresses. I think this game looks beautiful and can’t wait to get my hands on it.

[gt]43422[/gt]

[gt]43424[/gt]

JaX3RiR

Yeah, I can also confirm that the demo works fine if you play it off a burned CD.

I'm going to try to play it off a USB drive now, I'll post results soon..

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I've never played a RE game before, so I burned the demo and tried it out, and man, this game is hard! I'm so not used to not being able to run and shoot at the same time

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've never played a RE game before, so I burned the demo and tried it out, and man, this game is hard! I'm so not used to not being able to run and shoot at the same time

You should at least play RE4 before this comes out. Very fun game.

Andy

Champion of the Sun

I have to say I too found it really hard. I tried the first level in co-op with a friend and we barely lasted 5 minutes. And the annoying thing is if one of you dies, thats it and it boots you back to the main menu where you need to rehost etc.

After that I tried the second level and it seemed to be much easier. Just remember to explore the buildings to find ammo, you have to be cautious to not waste your ammo in this.

Chathurga

They just just drop the Resident Evil from the name and be done with it, the series really is a shadow of it's former self. I'm not saying this won't be a good game, it just won't be a Resident Evil. All the charm from the old games has been lost which really is a pity since RE was one of my favourite series ever.

They should should just re-mould it and Devil May Cry into one game again.

Mave Zero

I was never a fan of Resident Evil before RE4. The controls for the old Resident Evil games felt too weird for me. But I do agree that the story has gotten way off track from the original at this point.

Also, the demo has to be burned onto a CD, so I was wrong about the Japanese marketplace thing. I've got the demo now though, and I'm about to play it, so life is good. :)

Joey

I must be the only person who thinks RE4 isn't that good. I got about 4-5 hours in and just bored.