• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Resident Evil 5

Vee

Bejesus. Is it me, or are there not enough bullets in that game? Someone dont come out with "Then you've clearly not played RE before", because i've completed every single one of them sinse they first arrived. It just seems that theres way too many zombies for the amount of bullets you start off with.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There's also some in the drawer under the TV in the starting room. Basically any box or barrel that can be broken, run up to it and use your knife to break it. There should be some gold or ammo left in the remains.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Full game only. I assume there will be some type of store you can access for weapon upgrades, ammo, and other things similar to how the the merchant worked in RE4.

Zx30

Beto
This game was pretty awesome. Reminded me of the Resident Evil 4 days, except this one seemed a bit faster paced.
Also, I saw some of you mentioning the limited supply of ammo and I wondered, If you're about to go to some place in Africa wouldn't you be able to take with you at least more than 20 bullets? Ridiculous. lol.

Vee

This game was pretty awesome. Reminded me of the Resident Evil 4 days, except this one seemed a bit faster paced.
Also, I saw some of you mentioning the limited supply of ammo and I wondered, If you're about to go to some place in Africa wouldn't you be able to take with you at least more than 20 bullets? Ridiculous. lol.

lolracism.

Zx30

Beto
lolracism.

Was not intended lol. I mean they are obviously there knowing that they may encounter some kind of BAD SHIT(It should reveal why they are there in the full game in a cut scene perhaps). So I'm sure they'll need more than 20 bullets on their pistol and a few shots from their rifles. Come on.

Vee

Was not intended lol. I mean they are obviously there knowing that they may encounter some kind of BAD SHIT(It should reveal why they are there in the full game in a cut scene perhaps). So I'm sure they'll need more than 20 bullets on their pistol and a few shots from their rifles. Come on.

Even worse then that is, they know they're going there to fight zombies. You'd think with the amount of bullets they have, that they've gone there for the aids.

Zx30

Beto
Even worse then that is, they know they're going there to fight zombies. You'd think with the amount of bullets they have, that they've gone there for the aids.

Yeah that's what I mean. They know they have a fucking continent of zombies and they think 20 bullets and a knife will do the job.

Genius!

PS: I wonder if the zombies have aids as well. o_O

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
As a huge RE fan I was incredibly excited for 5 but wow did the demo disappoint me. Mikami was right...

The stiff controls are back and for some reason, aiming seems more sluggish in 5 than it was in 4. Frequent FPS drops in busy areas (at least on the PS3 version) do not help the situation.

RE5 is definitely faster paced but this makes the game worse in my opinion, since they basically did not tweak the control scheme at all, aside from adding a couple extra shortcuts like quick inventory access. RE4 did not throw as many enemies at the player at one time and this made the clunky aiming system manageable.

The only aspect of the game I really like is the graphics, they are stunning. Hopefully, the story is just as good, otherwise I won't be motivated to play through this one.

Joey

Here's the Deal, RE4's controls brought the Series up to modern standards in 2005, so it's control scheme was sufficient. It's now 4 years later, and they're releasing an HD version of the same game, with controls that are now 4 years outdated.

For a person like me who didn't even like RE4 when I played it 2 years ago, this just isn't going to cut it.

This game might be a rental for me... Maybe.

I honestly can't figure out the appeal of RE games. They're not scary, the story is a goddamn joke, and now, the gameplay is completely outdated. How did this series even reach a 4th sequel?

Vee

Any word on how long the games going to be? My guess is between 10-14 hours. If thats true, then this is a rental.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Any word on how long the games going to be? My guess is between 10-14 hours. If thats true, then this is a rental.

I can't see it being any longer than that... RE games have historically been very short - you can beat RE4 in around 4-5 hours on a first playthrough.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, my first run through of RE4 was long as well. No way did I finish it in a couple of sittings.