• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Rusty Hearts Background

TeamOverload

I know that we need funding to keep the site running, so this isn't going to be your typical complain about how we "sold out" or what not thread. Could we at least try and make it so it scales better though, the text is all over the place and quite frankly makes the site look a mess.

UL23t.jpg

PR0fessor Burnt

I agree in that it needs to be scaled properly. Half of it is cut off on my laptop. What you can do if you really don't like it, is change to the MFM throwback theme.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Agreed that it doesn't look so hot in its current state. Just a bit of correction on x3's part and hopefully it should match up nicely with those in a default width (since we allow varying forum widths it won't please everyone). I don't foresee us having a full-page background ad for too long though

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Had to throw this up quickly last night and I haven't tweaked it yet. I will make adjustments soon. It also won't be shown to members on the forums but that requires some custom coding on my part and I just didn't have time yesterday.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I shaved about 400px off from the original size, it's still not going to look perfect on lower resolutions like 1280x but I can't make it too small.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
As some would prefer to view these types of ads, I've decided not to disable them by default. You can selectively opt-out of any takeover-themed ads on the forums in the User CP, under General Settings.

Also, if you are using a custom width other than default, the skin will not display since there's no way to have it scale to all the different options we have without manual adjustment.