• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Sonic 4 has a Mystery Platform?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't know about you guys but I've noticed something odd about the Sonic 4 website:

Untitled.png

From what I've heard from the rumour mill this can be either one of 2 things (plus one imagined by me)

1 - The game is coming to the Nintendo platform?

Rumor mill has it that ninty is working on a new platform and that some developers are already working on it. If they are indeed working on a new platform I'd bet on a DS2 rather than a Wii2.

2 - SEGA is coming back to the Console business?

This one is a tough one. There have ben rumors of SEGA re-entering the console market, which I don't see happening anytime soon considering MS, Ninty and Sony pretty much own the market.

3 - SEGA is brining Sonic 4 to the PC?

Highly unlikely though. PC gamers have rarely received Sonic games on their platform and all recent - even if crappy - Sonic games have been console exclusives.

Riorio99

Either PC, DSi Ware or iPhone seem the most likely. In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that it was coming to iPhone.

However, I would LOVE to see Sega issue it on a cartridge for the Gensis/Mega Drive.

eldiablov

Contributor
I was thinking it may have a limited dreamcast release, which would be quite a badass move on Sega's part.

EDIT: Could also be a gamecube release?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
iPhone? ffs.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Sega actually has a "console" coming out this year. Looks like a Wii knock off which will primarily run classic Sega Genesis and what sounds like some cheap ass motion controlled games.

Sega Zone: the Genesis with a Wiimote nobody asked for -- Engadget

That being said, I don't think it's the mystery platform referenced for this game.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
WiiWare is already on the picture xD

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Probably DSiWare or iPhone, most likely iPhone.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Probably DSiWare or iPhone, most likely iPhone.

I'm going with most likely iPhone as well seeing how it current shares a large market share for the portable gaming market, and seeing how Sonic won't require complex controls it only makes sense.

Joey

WiiWare is already on the picture xD

To clarify, I was on my phone when I posted, so I couldn't actually see the picture. I'd heard some debate about this on a podcast, and I guess when it was recorded, Wiiware hadn't been revealed yet.