• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

Bran

Yell
People might complain about it now because it was introduced in the 3D games, but the homing jump is what makes this game a squeal and not just a rehash of the old sonic games. That is your main feature right there outside of the graphical improvements.

Let's hope the later episodes add extra features and not just levels.

Zx30

Beto
I've seen the homing jump used in some tricky platforming jumps though (ones that I botched, but blame on the iOS controls). It's adds an extra later to the platforming that was not present in the originals.
Good! I was hoping they would add parts in the level that needed the new homing ability. I didn't just want it..."there". lol..That's probably why I like the Megaman series so much. Almost every weapon you receive from a boss battle, you end up using it somewhere. It has a purpose..So again, I'm glad to see this homing jump has a purpose in the game and wasn't just put there just because. :D

Also thank you for not being a total douche, it's always refreshing to hear someone be so courteous on the internet when someone makes a comment directly opposing theirs, even when it's as simple as the point I was trying to make. Which is sad to say since most of us here have known each other for a long time.
I try and maintain my online personality the same as my real life personality ;).

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

TeamOverload

Picked it up. The nostalgia for me was huge.

Played through 8 of the 16 levels so far, so it's going to be a quick game. However, I can easily see myself going back to play through it some more to beat my times or scores or get trophies. All in all an awesome game.

The biggest gripe for some and favorite new feature for others, is definitely going to be the targeting system. Personally, I think it's done well, and is able to be passive without being overkill.

Deathrow

I'm going to pick it up for the 360 since I think it be a little more accustomed with a 'real' D-pad.

Game is looking great and can't wait to see what the other Episodes will entail.

Riorio99

If I do get it, I'll buy the inevitable Sonic 4 bundle, with all the episodes, probably for PS3.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Game is awesome, and it's been too long since I felt this thrilled on a Sonic game.

Only con, they are way too generous with extras lives.

Btw, game is non-linear.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I just beat the game and my review would be: if you really like Sonic, play it.

And the last boss was hard as heck for someone as rusty as me... All in all, this is what the Dreamcast should have had all those years ago.

Deathrow

I just beat the game and my review would be: if you really like Sonic, play it.

Yea, I think its more so a blast from the past trying to make a comeback. If your not much a Sonic fan, then I wouldn't see why you would bother with this one..