• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Expects To Restore 'Some' PSN Services Within A Week, Personal Information Likely Compromised,

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Security codes are never saved so that's why it's not included in the list, it's not something they have

But if they don't have the CC's how can people spend money using stolen data? I don't know how the system works over there but don't your ATM's ask for a personal PIN or something? o_O

Riorio99

I wasn't too pissed about PSN being down, I didn't pay, so I wasn't too bothered.
Now, I'm majorly pissed. I'm pissed at Sony, for letting this happen, and not having our passwords and personal details safe, especially if our credit card details have been hacked. I'm pissed at the hackers for doing this in the first place, but Sony have to take the majority of the brunt here. They seriously have to do something to pay us back for this. I've owned every Sony machine and bought probably a hundred or more games, and now Sony have essentially given my details to people who are probably criminals and are going to use them for nefarious ends. Pissed. Seriously, seriously pissed. And more than a little bit worried.

january39

eXo Staff
I wasn't too pissed about PSN being down, I didn't pay, so I wasn't too bothered.
Now, I'm majorly pissed. I'm pissed at Sony, for letting this happen, and not having our passwords and personal details safe, especially if our credit card details have been hacked. I'm pissed at the hackers for doing this in the first place, but Sony have to take the majority of the brunt here. They seriously have to do something to pay us back for this. I've owned every Sony machine and bought probably a hundred or more games, and now Sony have essentially given my details to people who are probably criminals and are going to use them for nefarious ends. Pissed. Seriously, seriously pissed. And more than a little bit worried.

Totally agree, PSN being down was kinda funny before - now it is a very real worry. I have just cancelled my credit card and had to order a new one. The guy at the call centre told me loads of people are requesting that their cards are cancelled due to this issue.

El Diablo

I'm not worried enough to cancel my CC or really be in fear...but I will say this is getting significantly more interesting now.

OUTL4W

So am I going to get credit on my Netflix account?

Seth

MD Party Room

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What a shit show this has become. I would highly recommend requesting a new cc number for any card tied to your account. I'm just glad my debit card never worked and I had to use a regular cc.

january39

eXo Staff
Well, i have only used it once and that was about 3 weeks ago, to be safe and not sorry i thought it better to get a new card, i can't really spend on it in any event so probably done me some good if anything :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I never used my CC or Debit on my PSN account although I think I might have on my friends for some reason...need to make sure if I did or not but since PSN is down...I can't

Adiuvo

I'm in kind of the same situation as Frozen. I have no clue what card is on that PSN account. I'm fairly sure it's one who's expiration date has already passed but there's no way of me knowing until PSN gets back up.

Still, I'm not that worried. There's tons of PSN subscribers. The chances of it being me that'll get the info used is small enough that there's no need to be worried.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I canceled mine, just as a precaution and to avoid any potential hassle.

rileysnotz

Still, I'm not that worried. There's tons of PSN subscribers. The chances of it being me that'll get the info used is small enough that there's no need to be worried.

True that, though I did tell all my friends on PSN to get their cards changed. Better safe than sorry. Thank god my debit card never worked on psn and I never used my credit card.

TeamOverload

But if they're selling the information to a variety of different sources, then you should still be concerned.

Trust me I've had my debit card information stolen from a similar (albeit smaller) breach before and two weeks later, money started being withdrawn from my account. Granted I caught it right away, but it was certainly a hassle to say the least.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The most any consumer will get from that class action is a year's worth of credit monitoring. The bank I do business with lost a tape that was being transported to a credit reporting agency that had 90,000 customers personal info on it.

All they gave us was a years worth of credit monitoring and that's pretty much all you can ask for after the fact.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The most any consumer will get from that class action is a year's worth of credit monitoring. The bank I do business with lost a tape that was being transported to a credit reporting agency that had 90,000 customers personal info on it.

All they gave us was a years worth of credit monitoring and that's pretty much all you can ask for after the fact.

Similar situation and result here. A shop I used last year had its database hacked and exposed and I was offered a free year of credit monitoring

Dan

Contributor
Visa have stated they're aware of it, and offering returns if you talk to your bank about it.