• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony To Take 'More Tailored Approach' Towards PS Vita Software Pricing

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sonyvita.jpg

Sony is taking the threat of cheap smartphone games to its portable business seriously. According to SCEE boss Jim Ryan, the company plans to take a "more tailored approach" in regards to software pricing.

Unlike Nintendo, which time and time again has shrugged off rapid smartphone growth, Sony feels it's a subset of the market that would be "foolish and naive to ignore."

"It's our challenge to ensure that the gaming experience that we provide is closer to that TV console experience than it is to your 69p thing that you've downloaded on your iPhone," Ryan told GI.biz.

"If we do that and we provide great value to the consumer on games like Uncharted, I think the possibility to sustain historic console type price points is there."

Obviously, retail offerings add quite a bit of overhead, but there's always the chance that Sony could compete with smartphone pricing on the PS Store - with smaller titles through digital delivery[...]

Continue reading: Sony To Offer 'More Tailored Approach' for PS Vita Software Pricing...

hush404

Honestly... I'm fine with dropping $30 for a game like uncharted... but... not angry birds on my Vita. I hope they see this and price small download games accordingly.