1. Do you have some strategies, tips and/or tricks to share with the Community? Do you need help beating a game or getting that elusive achievement? Please post and help grow our community knowledge-base!
  2. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

PC Starcraft II

Discussion in 'Blizzard Entertainment' started by gr34t3st, Dec 17, 2008.

1. gr34t3st

gr34t3st New Age Retro Hippie

[​IMG]

The sequel to one of the most popular RTS games ever has been announced after 10 years since the release of the first game. The release date is slated for 2009. Of course, Blizzard will have unmatched online play and it even sounds like they're focusing tremendously on single player campaign. Looks like a promising sequel. I still occasionally play the original and plan to pick this up as soon as it is released.

Official Site
    Wikipedia Article
  2. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    MURAMASA REBIRTH on PS Vita
    I've become much better at the original in the past two years and look forward to this game (these games?).

I'm not really sure what scale I'm at but I can kill a computer or two pretty easily.
  3. Moose

Moose Meta Moose Staff Member

Last played:
    WATCH_DOGS on Xbox One
    Cannot. Wait.

If it's anything like the first: <3.
  4. Slasher

Slasher Suck It

The original Starcraft is probably my most favourite game of all time. It is in-freakin-credible and it never gets old. I am just itching to get my hands on Starcraft 2, I'm sure a lot of hours are going to be put into it on my end. Blizzard, hurry up!

Here's a little something to get people into the Christmas mood, somewhat related to Starcraft 2 lol
    http://www.purepwnage.com/media/Pure%20Pwnage%20-%2012%20Days%20of%20Christmas.mp3
  5. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    We should play StarCraft online
  6. Moose

Moose Meta Moose Staff Member

Last played:
    WATCH_DOGS on Xbox One
    If I can find my old discs, I am definitely up for playing some games.
  7. spike021

spike021 iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)

I agree Slasher. I played that game for many years and still do every once in awhile.

That could be an idea though about us playing it, only 8 max though (lol, only 8)... :confused::D
  8. gr34t3st

Well let's organize a game in the tournament section of this forum then! :D I'm all for an mformature tournament!
  9. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    8 is good enough, I doubt all of us would play a once.

Also the newer patches let you play it without the disks (provided you can copy all the files off the disks into the game folder).
  10. gr34t3st

Official Thread

There's the thread for anyone wanting to participate in a tournament or match.
  11. Hellcat

Hellcat Staff Member Staff Member

<< will buy on day 1, actually will collect pre-order :D

I also still play the original every now and then, I'm really not good at it (haven't played THAT much) but I really enjoy playing it :)
  12. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    You all know it's getting released in 3 separate campaigns right?
  13. Hellcat

Wha? Please explain, me does not know.... O_O
  14. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    The Terran, Protoss, and Zerg campaigns are getting released as separate games. Official word is that each race campaign will be as long as the original game or brood war, so you're not getting jipped.

Each release will also have broodwar-esq upgrades for each race for use in multiplayer.
  15. Slasher

Slasher Suck It

Mind sourcing this? I'm not sure whether to believe that or not
  16. gr34t3st

Interesting... I heard that it will be a trilogy (original with two expansions) but I didn't think they meant that. I'm not sure if I like that too much. I'd rather have shorter campaign's then paying for virtually the same game 3 times. Yea the stories will be different but still...
  17. Hellcat

Hmm.... not sure if I gonna like that.
    On the one hand you might end up with a huge, epic game, on the other hand you gotta pay for it three times....

Hmm....
  18. WonderlustKing

WonderlustKing Vanilla Sex

I can't believe I hadn't heard about this. This is awesome. I'd still rather play starcraft over just about any of my 360 games and thats saying a lot for a game thats more than a decade old.

Bump:
    I'm definitely buying the Terran version. ;)
  19. spike021

spike021 iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)

Toss for me, I think. :)
  20. WonderlustKing

WonderlustKing Vanilla Sex

Eh, yeah I like protoss a lot too. This might be a tougher decision than I thought. I hated being zerg though. They remind me too much of the flood from the Halo series :p