• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Starcraft II

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Starcraft2_Logo.jpg

The sequel to one of the most popular RTS games ever has been announced after 10 years since the release of the first game. The release date is slated for 2009. Of course, Blizzard will have unmatched online play and it even sounds like they're focusing tremendously on single player campaign. Looks like a promising sequel. I still occasionally play the original and plan to pick this up as soon as it is released.

Official Site
Wikipedia Article

Bran

Yell
I've become much better at the original in the past two years and look forward to this game (these games?).

I'm not really sure what scale I'm at but I can kill a computer or two pretty easily.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Well let's organize a game in the tournament section of this forum then! :D I'm all for an mformature tournament!

Bran

Yell
8 is good enough, I doubt all of us would play a once.

Also the newer patches let you play it without the disks (provided you can copy all the files off the disks into the game folder).

Hellcat

Contributor
<< will buy on day 1, actually will collect pre-order :D

I also still play the original every now and then, I'm really not good at it (haven't played THAT much) but I really enjoy playing it :)

Bran

Yell
The Terran, Protoss, and Zerg campaigns are getting released as separate games. Official word is that each race campaign will be as long as the original game or brood war, so you're not getting jipped.

Each release will also have broodwar-esq upgrades for each race for use in multiplayer.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
The Terran, Protoss, and Zerg campaigns are getting released as separate games. Official word is that each race campaign will be as long as the original game or brood war, so you're not getting jipped.

Each release will also have broodwar-esq upgrades for each race for use in multiplayer.

Interesting... I heard that it will be a trilogy (original with two expansions) but I didn't think they meant that. I'm not sure if I like that too much. I'd rather have shorter campaign's then paying for virtually the same game 3 times. Yea the stories will be different but still...

Hellcat

Contributor
Hmm.... not sure if I gonna like that.
On the one hand you might end up with a huge, epic game, on the other hand you gotta pay for it three times....

Hmm....

WonderlustKing

Vanilla Sex
I can't believe I hadn't heard about this. This is awesome. I'd still rather play starcraft over just about any of my 360 games and thats saying a lot for a game thats more than a decade old.

Bump:

I'm definitely buying the Terran version. ;)