• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Super Mario 3D Land Discussion

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Anyone play this yet? I think it's one of the best Mario titles in awhile, definitely a must buy for the 3DS and might even be in my GOTY top 5. Currently on world 6.

I just love that there's no filler: it's pure platforming right from the start. Plus the levels are nicely suited for the portable format, most can be cleared in under 5 minutes. Great for pick up and play.

PR0fessor Burnt

Sadly this game is on the back burner for me.Glad to hear that it's good though, hopefully I can pick it up after Christmas.

TeamOverload

On the fence about this one. I haven't enjoyed any of 3D based Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy), so I'm not sure how I'd feel about this one. However, let's be honest..my 3DS is begging for my love, and after picking up MK7 the other day, I wouldn't mind grabbing another title to spend some time with as well and further expand the lovely 3DS library.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
On the fence about this one. I haven't enjoyed any of 3D based Mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy), so I'm not sure how I'd feel about this one. However, let's be honest..my 3DS is begging for my love, and after picking up MK7 the other day, I wouldn't mind grabbing another title to spend some time with as well and further expand the lovely 3DS library.

Well you might like it then, I wouldn't compare it to any of those. There's no inbetween hub worlds for one, the pacing is similar to New Super Mario Bros.

I need to check out Mario Kart 7 as well. My 3DS has been getting a lot of playtime recently.

TeamOverload

Went ahead and grabbed this today with a giftcard I had. Haven't had too much time to sink it to it so far, but definitely am enjoying what I've played so far. 3DS really is starting to hit its stride I think.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm on the last level (the one that's unlocked after clearing each level to 100%). Sooo difficult. Lost track of how many times I've tried so far, at least 40. I like a challenge though :)

Have to say this is the best Mario game since SM64. I would buy a 3DS for this alone.