• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi to ps3 or to xbox 360... thats the question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madsoul

HALP

in about a month i will finally have saved up enough money to buy a new console. i had an 360 about a year ago but was forced to sell it to get money. now, what should i get? what would i get the most out of? should i try something new or get back to the 360 again? convince me god damnit! :argh:

Bulgar Trev

Well, I'm gonna say PS3.

Because i has one. :p

Dan

Contributor
I'd go with PS3, because PSN access is free and doesn't need a card or anything like that.

Plus the Slim will probably be out soon, meaning price drop for 'fats'.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
All depends on your game choices and your friends. I have a lot of friends who already have 360's while none of them have a PS3. Also the PS3 is not ideal for first person shooters because of the controller's design, so if you like FPS games I'd recommend the 360. Most of the multi-platform games are more populated on the 360 as well due to the larger console install base.

I personally would get a 360 (I own both currently) or wait until the PS3 Slim is announced and the pricing is announced. The PS3 has some great titles (MGS4, Uncharted, LBP) but most of them are single-player titles. Sure PSN is great because it is free but the feature set of XBL and great party/chat features won me over.

You can do a lot more with the PS3 than the 360 in my opinion however, with the great media capabilities (at home we use the PS3 as our media center basically - just for watching movies). While I can use the 360 for this as well, the experience is just better on the PS3.

But ultimately it comes down to your game choice. I buy most of my multi-platform titles on the 360 and absolutely love the controller. My suggestion would be to wait until the Slim announcement of the PS3

Whisper

Logic :(
This year and early next a lot of amazing games are coming out MAG, GOW3, Uncharted 2, Ratchet And Clank Future, GT5, Heavy Rain... on the ps3. Along with games that came out this year like Killzone and infamous.

I have a 360 and the game I am interested in is L4D2. From a gaming standpoint xbox exclusives are pretty weak this year.

All of the multiplayform games I buy go to the ps3 for the bluray disc. I don't like scratched games.

I say pick up the ps3 in the coming months when the slim is announced.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
You can Do chat with multiple people in a room while in-game from the xmb in the ps3 as well you know :eek:

Not a Voice chat :closedeyes:

I own a 360 and PS3, and if I had to choose only one, it would be the 360, only because its mod-able. The day PS3 gets hacked, I'll switch my answer.

But as Ipaq said, look at what games interest you and what friends already own which system. For a while I didn't do anything with my PS3 since none of my friends had one, but now that they do I play it a lot more. I'm also not into FPS's as much as my friends, but if they are playing I'll come join. So friends really do play a big part of your console choice.

madsoul

thanks people! hmm.. last time i had my xbox i had bought alot of live arcade games etc. maybe it would be a greater value for me to get my old account working again. and personally after looking through some things the 360 seems like a cheaper alternative. and it has a much bigger online community. but i dont know... is Home really anything interesting? i might get both consoles in the future when im rich lol.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Here's what I did to decide:

1) look at the exlusive titles
2) ask yourself if you want blu-ray
3) ask yourself if you'll want offline multiplayer on most of your game

Best 2 out of 3 gets the console

eighty4

I have both and ffs, I honestly don't see what people like in the PS3. It's so damn annoying and feels small. The 360 gets decent updates all the time and it's exclusive actually get somewhere. Home failed quicker than MC Hammers career.

xploren

Contributor

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Not a Voice chat :closedeyes:

I own a 360 and PS3, and if I had to choose only one, it would be the 360, only because its mod-able. The day PS3 gets hacked, I'll switch my answer.

But as Ipaq said, look at what games interest you and what friends already own which system. For a while I didn't do anything with my PS3 since none of my friends had one, but now that they do I play it a lot more. I'm also not into FPS's as much as my friends, but if they are playing I'll come join. So friends really do play a big part of your console choice.

Eh, Well I prefer Text chat most of the time anyway.:closedeyes: It interrupts the sound of gameplay.

I Would get a ps3 if you want to experience something fantastic like MGS4 among other Great single player expereiences

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM EST ----------

I have both and ffs, I honestly don't see what people like in the PS3. It's so damn annoying and feels small. The 360 gets decent updates all the time and it's exclusive actually get somewhere. Home failed quicker than MC Hammers career.

Lol... Wait... What?:argh:

Doesn't quite make sense.
PS3 doesn't need frequent updates because it doesn't have terribly many things that are broken to fix or add. Because it already has it.

If it ain't broken don't fix it sometimes.

:huh:

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM EST ----------

BTW everyone I know basically loves home more than fresh pie.
I've never used it so I don't care.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Trigun, the PS3 has had more firmware updates than Xbox 360 Dashboard updates and the 360 ones don't really fix broken things, but add content, features, and usability.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Trigun, the PS3 has had more firmware updates than Xbox 360 Dashboard updates and the 360 ones don't really fix broken things, but add content, features, and usability.

Well He said the 360 had more frequen updates ;plus the ps3 being small(what?)
and I really was not thinking at all.:scared: lol

So I stand corrected and TY. ;)

BlackSheep

Ill take the PS3 any day. FYI try to get one of the first models so you can play PS2 games.

Ps do you really want a console without a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.