• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi to ps3 or to xbox 360... thats the question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiuvo

Home is decent. It's meant as a place to interact with friends and to use as the 3D equivalent of a forum. There's also a bunch of mini-games in the rooms, and more are coming out each day.

I'd go for a PS3. The lineup interests me more and Sony's studio's are much better than Microsoft's. Third party support is pretty much the same for both consoles, and the features XBL has over PSN really don't mean much at all.

user friendly

Wait a few weeks or maybe a month or two for Sony to announce the slim. That and maybe PS2 BC via firmware update. PSN is getting fairly robust nowadays and there's a decent selection of games to check out.

I'd wait either way, it seems wiser at this point as we may see some price drops for the PS3 in the coming months and maybe even a drop on the higher end 360's. 360 arcade is a sweet ass deal right now though, if you don't have the patience.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I also have both (gotta love sony points system) I find the PS3 is better for sports games and Blu-Ray movies (which are awesome). However I find that the 360 is better to suit gaming like shooters, adventure games, and downloadable games/content.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Xbox360.
I don't like the feel of the Playstation.

I had a PS3 before, but it was being used as a Blu-ray player by my dad more than a gaming system.

But you have to decide on your own. Every one is just going to tell you what they like, so your just going to get something someone else likes.

Look at the game exclusives, try to test out both controllers, and see what online community is more for you.

FreePlay

everything. get everything. spend money. stimulate global economy. spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend spend.

TBH, it all really comes down to personal preference. When you look at both from a wider angle, they really aren't that different.

Ill take the PS3 any day. FYI try to get one of the first models so you can play PS2 games.

Ps do you really want a console without a graphics card.

What? The xbox does have a GPU, the ATi Xenos... Plus those 80GB models are also the least unreliable compared to the newer models.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
TBH, it all really comes down to personal preference. When you look at both from a wider angle, they really aren't that different.

What? The xbox does have a GPU, the ATi Xenos... Plus those 80GB models are also the least unreliable compared to the newer models.

Really? I've had my 80gb for over a year and i've never had a single problem with mine. And neither has really anyone else i've known.:bored:'
oh wait i think I misread that?

SchmilK

i dont like the 360 dashboard or the pay to play online aspect of it :-/

ps3 all the way..but as freeplay said...SPEND SPEND SPEND! I have both, but only my wife plays oblivion and fallout3 on the 360..ps3 is mine mine mine :D

Also the controllers of the 360 feel real retarded in my hands.

Robby

Los Doyers!
i dont like the 360 dashboard or the pay to play online aspect of it :-/

ps3 all the way..but as freeplay said...SPEND SPEND SPEND! I have both, but only my wife plays oblivion and fallout3 on the 360..ps3 is mine mine mine :D

Also the controllers of the 360 feel real retarded in my hands.
That's because you play with a sony controller.
Same thing happened to me when I got the PS3. But the PS3 controller feels like... cheap? breakable?... I feel like I'm gonna break the controller when I hold it.

Adiuvo

Do you have a DS3? Mine feels quite sturdy, though the Sixaxis did feel a bit breakable.

Bill

Ill take the PS3 any day. FYI try to get one of the first models so you can play PS2 games.

Look up the YLOD problem. It's pretty much the same as RROD, but it was fixed faster. (Do the newer 360's still RROD? Or has the "RROD Proof" board done well?)

Also: DS3 feels WAY better than the original sixaxis and 360 controller IMO.

Sliderkk

I have had a 360 since 2005 and I'm starting to hate it as I transition to PS3.

XBL just has way too freaken' many eleven year olds that whine and talk shit to you because It gives them a false sense of skill.

Bill

XBL just has way too freaken' many eleven year olds

This.

Their parents won't buy them PS3's for Christmas, so PSN has generally less youngins.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
This.

Their parents won't buy them PS3's for Christmas, so PSN has generally less youngins.

I don't see that as a problem at all, just means the userbase is greater with the 360 because of the price point. I've never had problems with kids

Bill

I don't see that as a problem at all, just means the userbase is greater with the 360 because of the price point. I've never had problems with kids

It's meh. But on the other end of the spectrum, not many people use their mics on PSN except for letting the sound echo from others talking.

Sliderkk

It's meh. But on the other end of the spectrum, not many people use their mics on PSN except for letting the sound echo from others talking.

But silence is deadly, and I am less deadly when someone is informing me on my mothers sex life.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Call me crazy but I'd rather deal with a small amount of tolerable people, then a large amount of d-bags. The larger userbase is a minus to me not a plus.

Not saying the PS3 doesnt have assholes, but there is a lot less of them.

Sliderkk

I also like the 6A and the DS3 better than the thing Seattle coughed up.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Call me crazy but I'd rather deal with a small amount of tolerable people, then a large amount of d-bags. The larger userbase is a minus to me not a plus.

Not saying the PS3 doesnt have assholes, but there is a lot less of them.

Everyone refers to XBL users as d-bags but I hardly come across these people in my time. If I do I just simply mute them, it's not that hard. This is one situation I think everyone over exaggerates on because someone usually has to instigate the behavior (such as yourself).

Sliderkk

RHETORICAL ALERT!!!
Does XBOX 360 have Killzone 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.