• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Acerthief

Yes, that is the whole point of CFW, mate. It has all of the functionality of the official, with the added ability to play homebrew and self-dumped ISOs off of your memstick. There is only additions to CFW, nothing is taken away.

I'd disagree a bit on that.
He took away Location Free Player and Korean fonts,
but of course only if you added the 1.5 kernel on a phat PSP. :)

Acerthief

Stop being so technical haha.

LOL.
After being a Mod of quite some time you'd feel like you need to talk like an official!
Man, you're right jimex. I should sound for casual XD.

jimex289

Hmm...is there a way to revert back to OFW if you decide to do so? Are there any risks involved if you go from 3.71 M33-2 back to just OFW 3.71?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hmm...is there a way to revert back to OFW if you decide to do so? Are there any risks involved if you go from 3.71 M33-2 back to just OFW 3.71?

Yes, press O instead of X to install the official firmware. Should work fine... of course if something does go wrong you can always revert back to 3.71 M33-2.

jimex289

I see...so you'd use Despertar de Cementario to get to the CFW. But to revert back, I'd use Pandora's Battery on the CFW and instead of pressing X I press O to put the OFW on...which is the 3.71 eboot file?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I see...so you'd use Despertar de Cementario to get to the CFW. But to revert back, I'd use Pandora's Battery on the CFW and instead of pressing X I press O to put the OFW on...which is the 3.71 eboot file?

Yeah that's correct.

spoon_key

Hi,

One question about this method and PSP slim. I have read on another post that, at the service menu (blank screen on PSP slim), press X is to flash 3.71 M33. Press square is to take a NAND dump, and press circle is to flash 3.71 official firmware. Is this correct?

So if I want to revert a PSP slim back to official firmware, the best way to do is to press circle and get it back to official firmware? or is it better to flash the NAND dump back?

Thank you!

Hi

Excellent tutorial

I have a White Jap Import PSP so will the buttons be the oposite as the above method? i.e

press Circle is to flash 3.71 M33
press square is to take a NAND dump
press X is to flash 3.71 official firmware

I dont want to update my PSP to Official 3.71!!

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi

Excellent tutorial

I have a White Jap Import PSP so will the buttons be the oposite as the above method? i.e

press Circle is to flash 3.71 M33
press square is to take a NAND dump
press X is to flash 3.71 official firmware

I dont want to update my PSP to Official 3.71!!

Thanks

No, you still press X to install 3.71 M33.

spoon_key

Thanks for that

I just thought that the buttons are the opposite way round with Imports? Anyway if I did install the OF I could just redo and select the other button to install M33 true? Also is it defo 371M33-2?

One last question, what is the 1.50 kernel used for? Is it needed to just play homebrew or does it have other functions?

Many thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for that

I just thought that the buttons are the opposite way round with Imports? Anyway if I did install the OF I could just redo and select the other button to install M33 true? Also is it defo 371M33-2?

One last question, what is the 1.50 kernel used for? Is it needed to just play homebrew or does it have other functions?

Many thanks

The 1.5 kernel patch is just needed to 1.5 homebrews. Yes even if you install official firmware you can boot back up with the battery and memory stick to install 3.71 M33-2.

But I am certain you press X no matter what the region. This is because the restore program loads before the system registry is loaded. At this point, the firmware doesn't know what region your PSP is.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does that kernel only apply to homebrew programs, games, or both?

Applies to all homebrew. UMD games will still use the 3.X kernel.

jimex289

Now I'm more confused lol. Maybe my definition of homebrew is wrong. I need the 1.5 kernel to run dumped games on 3.71 M33-2? Or is the "UMD game using the 3.X kernel" the actual UMD off the disc? Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Now I'm more confused lol. Maybe my definition of homebrew is wrong. I need the 1.5 kernel to run dumped games on 3.71 M33-2? Or is the "UMD game using the 3.X kernel" the actual UMD off the disc? Thanks!

Well homebrew as in emulators need the 1.5 kernel (not all, but most).

You don't need the 1.5 kernel if you're looking to run only UMD games and dumped games.

juggie

my psp system software is now version 3.71..just would like to confirm whether i can unbrick my psp to 3.71m33-2 or not using this pandora battery?

thanks