• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Retro Xbox Micro

Sliderkk

I would like to see a Wii stripped down to the size of a dongle that plugs in your TV's input jacks now that I've seen this.

explosions

So at the end of the day, anyone can do this?

Make a case, strip it down a bit and voila?

Anyone that's confident enough with soldering. ;)

The tallest capacitors were taken off and attached with wires so they could lay flat. The PSU was removed and replaced by an external AC -> DC converter and the loose PCB inside the box, which was heavily modified.

The IDE cable was also cut and put back together to form a right angle. The rest were wire modifications (Front panel, etc.)

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Anyone that's confident enough with soldering. ;)

The tallest capacitors were taken off and attached with wires so they could lay flat. The PSU was removed and replaced by an external AC -> DC converter and the loose PCB inside the box, which was heavily modified.

The IDE cable was also cut and put back together to form a right angle. The rest were wire modifications (Front panel, etc.)

Yeah I assumed the power would be external now, they left this a bit late though, it'd be useful for just emulation and the odd game.

Wonder how much it will sell for on e-bay..

Sliderkk

I'll stop here since I just came out of a week long ban for engaging an a troll war but don't mess with me and expect the last word.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
This news only just reached some sources, MfM wins again.

And this thing runs pretty hot? Lets hope it doesn't RFoD (Red Fan of Death, Oh the lulz.)

Sliderkk: Last word.

explosions

This news only just reached some sources, MfM wins again.

And this thing runs pretty hot? Lets hope it doesn't RFoD (Red Fan of Death, Oh the lulz.)

The creator said it got up to ~150F in game at the stock fan speed. He raised the speed and said it cooled off a little bit.

Sliderkk

You fight like a girl.

To keep things on topic, I heard this thing took any six months to make, or maybe that's a long time, I wouldn't know.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
The creator said it got up to ~150F in game at the stock fan speed. He raised the speed and said it cooled off a little bit.

Yeah but that just makes it noisier, then again i'd rather a system work and be noisy (360) than be quiet and die.

Sliderkk you don't know if 6 months is a long time? Well it's half a year to get from old xbox to this. Ofcourse it's a long time. Stop bringing up topics you don't even know what you are talking about to have the last word in our so called argument.

Sliderkk

Yeah but that just makes it noisier, then again i'd rather a system work and be noisy (360) than be quiet and die.

Sliderkk you don't know if 6 months is a long time? Well it's half a year to get from old xbox to this. Ofcourse it's a long time. Stop bringing up topics you don't even know what you are talking about to have the last word in our so called argument.

Excuse me for not knowing whether 6 months is a short or long time to make a complex machine a fifth of the size, after all, I am a proficient hardware engineer.

EDIT: Sorry Abe Froeman, I will stop here since you posted when I was busy typing this post, and any [girly] attempt AndyMosh makes to have the last word shall be void since I will no longer defend myself on that matter.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Offtopic: Now I know how ridiculous I looked in flame wars *epic facepalm*

Ontopic: Nice and sleek looking mod, even if it's unstable... Now let someone strip down the PS3, I'd like to see that

Sliderkk

Nice and sleek looking mod, even if it's unstable... Now let someone strip down the PS3, I'd like to see that

Well hopefully Sony has something to show us on the 18th...