• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2.5" Portable HDD enclosure... suggestions?

FranzH

For the Helghast!
Hey

Can anyone suggest a good 2.5" portable HDD enclosure? I know I could just pick one but I thought I should just check to see if anyone has a favorite one or one that they know is good...

Seth

MD Party Room

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
@ Seth

I don't think he's looking to buy an external hdd, just an enclosure for one he already has.

------------------

The Bytecc enclosure seth linked does look pretty good.

is the hdd you are using IDE or SATA ?

FranzH

For the Helghast!
That does look nice but I'm looking for a 2.5" one.

Thanks for the suggestions Seth, I'll keep looking see what else I can find :)

Seth

MD Party Room
@ Seth

I don't think he's looking to buy an external hdd, just an enclosure for one he already has.

------------------

The Bytecc enclosure seth linked does look pretty good.

is the hdd you are using IDE or SATA ?
Well I wasent sure so I thought I put that up there just in case. If you do have a drive already it be really helpful to know if it sata or IDE.

Sullivan

If I were you, I would look towards getting a drive enclosure with esata support.

When you use esata, it has almost double the power and performance then USB 2.0

Seth

MD Party Room
If I were you, I would look towards getting a drive enclosure with esata support.

When you use esata, it has almost double the power and performance then USB 2.0

Yea but other than out build computer,I almost never see esata on a dell,hp or any laptop.Sure it nice to have but there arent many good 2.5" portable HDD enclosure with esata and the ones that do have it are not that great.The other one I linked is ok but nothing great and it has esata. I still feel esata isent worth it yet.

Sullivan

Most enclosures will come with a esata PCI port that hooks into your Sata port on your motherboard. So its good if you were to use it at home quiet often, but if you went to school or a friends house, just use the USB. I would just get an enclosure with esata/usb, it will be pretty future proof.