• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC 

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
code.jpg

Update: Activision has stepped in to clarify its earlier statement that put the fate of Elite on PC in question. The company is still committed to bringing the Elite experience to PC – it’s just a matter of timing.

“We misspoke. Our goal has always been to provide a free PC offering for ELITE. Stay tuned for an update as timing is still being determined.”

Dismal news for those awaiting the PC version of

El Diablo

I love how these companies will shit on the PC or come up with bullshit DRM things, then cry when it gets stolen because people don't want to put up with their shit.

OUTL4W

Is it on hold for console also?.....because I can never log onto Elite either via pc or console past few days due to traffic. You'd think they would have seen this coming......With all the preorders and 1st day sales.....But then again we're talking about infinity ward.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Is it on hold for console also?.....because I can never log onto Elite either via pc or console past few days due to traffic. You'd think they would have seen this coming......With all the preorders and 1st day sales.....But then again we're talking about infinity ward.

They've already made a statement regarding it. It's also not IW that's developing the Elite portion it's Beachhead studios. They anticipated a lot of traffic but were still unprepared for the influx of users. It's been touch-and-go with most people having no access to it on console or via computer browser.

It's understandable though that it won't be available for PC because of stat tracking...it's nearly impossible on PC with multiple servers and the way it handles servers

El Diablo

But the PC servers are exactly the same as the console servers? It's the same exact thing but with more people on consoles.