• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.03 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Requirements
  • Original GTA LCS (any region), which has a 2.00 update on the disc
  • You have above 75% battery left
  • Find out if you have a TA-082 motherboard, see this photo

Instructions
1. Download the 3.03 downgrader files.​
2. Extract the archive and copy all files inside of "MS_ROOT" to your memory stick drive. If asked to overwrite any files, click yes.​
3. Download the official 1.50 EBOOT, rename the PBP file to UPDATE.PBP and copy it into the <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder.​
4. Load GTA: LCS.​
5. It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue color, then the PSP will reset itself.​
6. Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 303 HEN.​
7. If it is showing up as HEN then go to the Game menu and execute the X.YZ update.​
screenxx.jpg
8. If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed without patching, if your motherboard requires it.​
9. Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).​
10. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it.​
11. Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself.​
12. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press X to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP.​
13. When the downgrade is finished, you will be asked to press X to restart the PSP.​
14. Congrats! You now have a 1.5 PSP.​

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is there any chance of brickage at all?

everything will go smoothly if you follow the directions, but of course there is always the 0.1 % chance of a brick when writing to the flash.

Dorfdad

I just finished downgrading my PSP to 1.50 now what do I do to get the new fw that will allow ISO and PSP games to run!? Is there instructions on where to go now from 1.50 downgrade?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just finished downgrading my PSP to 1.50 now what do I do to get the new fw that will allow ISO and PSP games to run!? Is there instructions on where to go now from 1.50 downgrade?

yes, look at the 3.10 OE-A install guide.

zarathustra

Greetings all =]

Hi,

I'm about to downgrade my daughter's ex-2.81 (now 3.03) pink TA-082, and have a coupla nooby questions.

In the instructions, it says "It should get to loading savegame" - does this mean I should already have played LCS & have a save file onboard already? I've just got hold of GTA LCS (v2.00), but not played it. So should I - or doesn't it matter?

Also, I'm not sure about 3.10-OE yet, as some peeps seem to be having problems - what's the stablest/most productive/simply-the-best 3.03-OE - is it A, A', B or C? I was thinking of C, but would appreciate all input/feedback.

Many thanks to you all - especially the developers out there - you guys fsckin' ROCK!

Kind regards,

zar =]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nah, you don't need a previous savegame.

when you get to 1.5, I would recommend installing 3.10 OE-A, then install the A2 update. It's very stable and includes fixes over 3.03 OE, so theres really no reason you shouldn't have it.

zarathustra

Damn, that was fast! =]

OK, x3sphere, I'm gonna take your advice - even though I've just got through reading this thread: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=434.

But... one thing - if I _do_ end up experiencing problems with that build, as far as I can gather, I _can_ revert back to 1.50 with the recovery option - am I right?

Many thanks for your patience. It's a scary moment - the first time you mess with the firmware... =]

zar =]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, you can always revert back.

zarathustra

Thanks. I've been reading extensively on a helluva lot of PSP forums, so I don't cock it up. It was _here_ I decided to ask for help - I hope that tells you something...

I'll let you know how I get on. Fingers Xed... ;D

zar =]

messingu001

Ive downgraded but now GTA LCS wants to upgrade to v2

yes, look at the 3.10 OE-A install guide.

Ive downgraded but now GTA LCS wants to upgrade to v2 or it wont play ....how do i play my higher thatv1.5 games without undoing all my hard downgrading work.. If I upgrade to V2 will my homebrew games still work?

Help me Obi wan ........!!!!

blufftexasfiji

Ive downgraded but now GTA LCS wants to upgrade to v2 or it wont play ....how do i play my higher thatv1.5 games without undoing all my hard downgrading work.. If I upgrade to V2 will my homebrew games still work?

No you want be able to play homebrew without version 1.50.

You can however play your games and homebrew on Dark_Alexs custom firmware do a google search to find out more.

Seek and you shall find... :D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

upgrade to 3.10 OE-A, homebrew and all your games will work.

gamerbase1

Upgrade

I have psp 3.10 OE A.
It was upgraded by my friends...

I don't know whether I have the 3.10 OE A or the rev 3.10 OE A2.
As far as I know, when I checked on my psp system it is written only 3.10 OE A.
Is it suppose to show 3.10 OE A2?
How do I know whether i'm running the first version or the second version.

If I'm running on 3.10 OE A, where I can get the 3.10 OE A2 version and is there any instruction for me to upgrade from 3.10 OE A to 3.10 OE A2 version.

Anyways I have follow the upgrade(1.5 to 3.10 OE A) instruction from x3sphere on my brother psp and it is success without any problem.
Thanks x3sphere...You are the best...and dark_alex is the god of psp...i love u all...Thanks in advance...

JKing

Banned
Well 3.10 oe and oeA are really no differnce, only that with the new version, you can play a few more of the old psp games. You can find the download on this site HERE

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
So, according to the guide, step 16 simply saves you the trouble of entering your network settings again. And that if you want to re-enter your networks settings manually, you can just ignore this step?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So, according to the guide, step 16 simply saves you the trouble of entering your network settings again. And that if you want to re-enter your networks settings manually, you can just ignore this step?

yep, thats all.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. :D

rambo

Requirements

Instructions
  1. If you have a 3.03 PSP skip to step 5
  2. Unzip the 3.03 update and place the file in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
  3. On the PSP, run the 3.03 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.
  4. Delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
  5. Copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.03 downgrader files ZIP to the memory stick
  6. Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP and copy it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!
  7. Load GTA LCS
  8. It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue color, then the PSP will reset itself (if this does not happen see section below)
  9. Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 303 HEN.
  10. If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and run the X.YZ update.
  11. If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed without patching, if your motherboard requires it.
  12. Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to continue press the Right Shoulder Button (R-TRIGGER).
  13. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it.
  14. Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself.
  15. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press X to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to step 17.
  16. Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config that was done automatically during the downgrade.
  17. All done now :) If everything went well you should now have a brand new 1.50!

can it be MP_ROOT