• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.03 Downgrade Guide

Acerthief

i can use this downgrader with a non-Ta-082 and non-ta-086 right? the "check if i have ta-082 or ta-086" part of the guide kind of confused me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i can use this downgrader with a non-Ta-082 and non-ta-086 right? the "check if i have ta-082 or ta-086" part of the guide kind of confused me.

Yeah you can just skip step 8.

Will this work with my Japanese PSP with 2.81 FW?
Thanks.

There is no downgrader for 2.81, you'll have to upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade.

mrfuture

Downgrading PSP

Hi
I'm new to this and trying to downgrade my first PSP to v1.50. I followed the guide for v3.03
I had v2.8 something and upgraded to v3.03. I copied the files as written onto the memory stick that had been formatted on PSP.

I run my copy of GTA LCS and get back to PSP main meny and get 3.03HEN When i get to the game menu for the update it says Upgrade to v2.00 not X.YZ I tried to run it but it says that i has 3.03 so no need.

I have an early PSP one that the text is not visible like the picture in the UMD drive.

Acerthief

Hi
I'm new to this and trying to downgrade my first PSP to v1.50. I followed the guide for v3.03
I had v2.8 something and upgraded to v3.03. I copied the files as written onto the memory stick that had been formatted on PSP.

I run my copy of GTA LCS and get back to PSP main meny and get 3.03HEN When i get to the game menu for the update it says Upgrade to v2.00 not X.YZ I tried to run it but it says that i has 3.03 so no need.

I have an early PSP one that the text is not visible like the picture in the UMD drive.

you have to go to Memory Stick in games, then you'll see the Update Version X.YZ. not the update from the UMD

supaquickt

I've just got hold of a 3.03 PSP and I'm getting GTA LCS by chance tommorow. However I've bought Lumines which I know is the correct version, but this might take a while to arrive. I'm the impatient type, so if GTA its the correct version is there absolutely any reason why I should not downgrade using this guide as opposed to waiting for Lumines, upgrading to 3.50 than downgrading?

My mobo is TA-082 PSP, I'm mainly interested in the brightness, battery and key issues between the downgraders. I'm hoping I've been reading old info and these issues have all been sorted after the 2.71 downgrader?

Enlighten me :)

Edit: Got GTA and couldn't wait so did the downgrade, went fine I'm now on 1.5 however at step 12 I accidently hit O instead of X like the guide says (whoops). Is this a big problem? everything looks ok, just want to check before I upgrade to M33.

"12. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press X to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP."

EDIT: Got confirmation from x3sphere, All good. Thanks

aet92

The New one
Hey everybody i do the process but my psp stucks at this image!
vpf09g.jpg

i can get out of the game by pressing home but hen is not working!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey everybody i do the process but my psp stucks at this image!
vpf09g.jpg

i can get out of the game by pressing home but hen is not working!

Does your GTA have the 2.00 update on the UMD? And also.. what firmware are you trying this from? It works only on 3.03.