• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 3.40 now out

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Bear-Grandfather-Mtn-Tim-Floyd-779608.jpg

Robby

Los Doyers!
Doesn't the update add PSN+

Seth

MD Party Room
What it does

- PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network's unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.

- Trophy Level Display: When you scroll to your PlayStation Network friends list, you can now scope everyone's Trophy level simply by staying on their name for a second.

- Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.

- Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.

- Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.

- Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.

PlayStation 3 System Software Update v3.40 Available Now PlayStation Blog

Adiuvo

It's not a bad update. Definitely geared towards the media center crowd, but considering Sony's focus with the PS3, that's not a bad thing.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I like the rating thing... That way I can know what people like and don't.

Riorio99

Sounds like some decent stuff, especially the Rating System. More for the media types, but still some decent stuff for once.

Dan

Contributor
The Power Save and Trophy improvements is the only thing that seems helpful to me. YouTube tends to crash a lot on the PS3 browser, so I don't see the point in that.

Riorio99

According to what I've seen on Kotaku, the PS3's video editing is pretty good. Now all it needs is in game video capture and it'll be actually useful.

Dan

Contributor
According to what I've seen on Kotaku, the PS3's video editing is pretty good. Now all it needs is in game video capture and it'll be actually useful.

I think that's asking a little too much of the system.

eldiablov

Contributor
Try looking up a few posts and you'll see the changelog there. Look before you talk.

Yes, thanks for that ... Seth.

Anyway, I dont think I'll be subscribing to this on a yearly basis. If I see a particularly good looking month I'll opt for a shorter subscription, nothing more.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What exactly are you doing with Other OS Hardrive?

I know you've probably got a laptop and desktop somewhere that you could use instead of your PS3.

Hardrive

Contributor
What exactly are you doing with Other OS Hardrive?

I know you've probably got a laptop and desktop somewhere that you could use instead of your PS3.

I stream shows and movies from my server in the basement to my TV. Yes, I could do it with another desktop or laptop, but I don't have one to donate to be permanently hooked up to the TV right now.

Also full screen emulators are a hit when friends or family.

I also don't like the fact that Sony has removed the functionality that was the tipping point that caused me to purchase my PS3 in the first place.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wait so the server in your basement is your ps3 or just another pc? If it just anther pc why not just use a DLNA or something to stream it to the XMB?