• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Only post questions related to the downgrader here.

Requirements

Upgrading Instructions (if you are not yet on Firmware 3.50)
2. Save the file as "EBOOT.PBP" and place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. If the directory doesn't exist, create it.​
screen7.jpg
3. On the PSP, run the 3.50 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.​
screen8.jpg
4. Once the update is finished installing, delete the UPDATE folder.​
screen4.jpg

Downgrading Instructions
1. Copy the PSP folder from the 3.50 downgrader ZIP to the memory stick. It's located inside of MS_ROOT.​
screen5.jpg
2. Download the 1.50 update. Ensure that it is named UPDATE.PBP and copy it to X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE - DO NOT OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!
screen3.jpg
3. Load Lumines and press X to start the game.​
screen2.jpg
4. The screen will clear to black and fill with a light blue color, then the PSP will return back to the XMB. If not, try again.​
5. Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to "System Information" and it should show up as system version 350 HEN.​
6. If it is showing up as HEN then go to the Game menu and run the X.YZ update.​
screen1.jpg
7. If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed without patching, if your motherboard requires it.​
8. Before the downgrader does anything to your PSP it will ask for you to agree to what it is doing, if you no longer want to continue press the R button.​
9. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it.​
10. Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself.​
11. If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press X to continue, this means you will need to re-enter the settings for network connections into your PSP, otherwise go to step 13.​
12. Load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network config that was done automatically during the downgrade.​
13. You're finished! If all went well, you should now be on firmware 1.50!​

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Is this legit?

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE O'MIGHTY X3SPHERE!:eek:hmy: YOU SHALL BE SMITTEN!

:pBut yea, like he said, it is. Anything here on Exophase is, we don't do anything fake. We're the #1 spot for all of your unofficial/homebrew PSP needs!:biggrin:

This guide is very idiot-proof:pvery well done, x3. Looks like everybody will know the miracle of PSP homebrew! MEN- WE ARE ON THE VERGE OF A NEW ERA... AN ERA WHERE SONY NO LONGER RULES THE PSP UNIVERSE. ARE YOU READY FOR THE FIGHT, MEN? CHARGE!{/army commander}:biggrin:

Acerthief

We're the #1 spot for all of your unofficial/homebrew PSP needs!:biggrin:

I totally second and THIRD that! (cause i can't double post).
just out of curiousity can it downgrade fw 3.10~3.40? or will it jsut brick the psp due to some authority, keys, ip, etc problems:confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I totally second and THIRD that! (cause i can't double post).
just out of curiousity can it downgrade fw 3.10~3.40? or will it jsut brick the psp due to some authority, keys, ip, etc problems:confused1:

no, the downgrader is written specifically for 3.50, don't try it on other firmwares. If you are on 3.10 - 3.40 just upgrade to 3.50 then downgrade.

Pantysniffer

Is this hurting Sony? UMD has already failed - I hope the PSP isn't going to pull a Dreamcast, 'cos that'd make me a sad panda.

banner

Im an uber noob to this and so far i see an error. In step 3, there isnt an "UPDATE" folder within "PSP" so you need to create one

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE << create UPDATE folder

banner

okay step 5 says to delete the UPDATE folder which had the EBOOT.PBP, then step 7 say to not overwrite it. Now is the EBOOT.PBP suppose to be in with UPDATE.PBP???

Cheezeball99

Im an uber noob to this and so far i see an error. In step 3, there isnt an "UPDATE" folder within "PSP" so you need to create one

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE << create UPDATE folder

Actually, if you put the files from the 3.50 Downgrader onto the memstick it makes the UPDATE folder.

As a sidenote- X3, I think I know why there's not as much traffic as a usual new OE or the etc.- DaX no longer links here. That's how I found this site, actually, from clickin' on the link on DaX's site for 3.03OE-C. You should have him put a link to here, 'For Questions or Help' or something, linkin' here.:smile:

banner

okay im confuse on step 7. Is there suppose to be the UPDATE.PBP and EBOOT.PBP in PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ ???????

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
okay im confuse on step 7. Is there suppose to be the UPDATE.PBP and EBOOT.PBP in PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ ???????

well assuming you are following the guide the EBOOT.PBP should already be there. you just need to copy over the UPDATE.PBP

banner

I am but in step 5 it says "Once the update is finished installing, delete the UPDATE folder you created in step 3." in the UPDATE folder was the EBOOT.PBP. So do i need to add UPDATE.PBP again?

banner

Let me clear this up. Im on version 3.50 and i copy the "MS_ROOT" folder from "Downgrader350.zip" to F: (no subfolders)

Cheezeball99

No, copy the contents of the MS_ROOT to the F:\, so in other words copy the PSP folder to the root of your memstick.