• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.56 Security Update Released

TeamOverload

Looks like I won't be updating. I expect a way around it while still allowing PSN access will be out in no time.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Truly a hopeless update

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
For everyones information, sony actually did something useful, but at our disadvantage.
They're now banning Black Ops cheaters, even people who just modded their console and ran homebrew, they patched homebrew from running (obvious decision really) and also... something else i forgot about, lol

TeamOverload

I haven't heard of anyone getting banned who honestly just played online with a modified console but didn't cheat at all or anything like that, so take that one with a grain of salt.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
For everyones information, sony actually did something useful, but at our disadvantage.
They're now banning Black Ops cheaters, even people who just modded their console and ran homebrew, they patched homebrew from running (obvious decision really) and also... something else i forgot about, lol

Treyarch are doing the Black Ops bans, not SCE

Slasher

Suck It
How come it says I have 3.56 installed on the system information page, and yet when I go to system update it says "The latest update was found. Version 3.56"

And gives me a prompt to click 'Ok' (I haven't yet)

It allows me on PSN, etc, yet supposedly there's a new update with the same firmware number? Anybody else seeing this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How come it says I have 3.56 installed on the system information page, and yet when I go to system update it says "The latest update was found. Version 3.56"

It allows me on PSN, etc, yet supposedly there's a new update with the same firmware number? Anybody else seeing this?

Strange. I haven't updated yet but perhaps they quietly pushed out a hotfix for the HDD upgrade issues.

TeamOverload

Strange. I haven't updated yet but perhaps they quietly pushed out a hotfix for the HDD upgrade issues.

That's exactly what they did. They re-released 3.56 as an optional update that fixes the Hard drive issues that people are having. If it doesn't affect you, then there is no need to update.

FYI: Sony has currently blocked the DNS trick, so for the time being there is no longer access to PSN for those on lower firmwares.

rileysnotz

There was a re-release of firmware 3.56 as there was a bug in the earlier firmware which did not allow you to swap the internal HDD.

EDIT : whoops too late